+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Greedy during tight situations?

Greedy during tight situations?

Well, where to begin? A quick surmise of what's going on, here... My girlfriend and I have been together for an entire year in 8 days. She's a year younger than I am, and we started dating during my last year in High School. Which means, I'm headed to college in 10 days, 90 miles away from her, and she's still in high school.

Now, an hour and a half isn't bad, and it's not the distance that's the problem. Since we've been dating, her mother is one of those 'Me before my kids' kind of people. Her mother would always put a chance for her and her boyfriend to see each other and leave her daughter, my girlfriend, in charge of the 3 younger siblings. So we've finally worked it up to where we see each other 1 day, MAYBE, out of 7. We get 15 minutes - 2 hours talking a day because of the schedules, and it seems to get shorter as the days do. But, even with all of this, every second we're on the phone is another second in heaven, every time we see each other it's another bit of paradise, etc. etc.

My problem is that we are having to be even more selective with our time. As I stated, our year anniversary is in 8 days, and her mother won't let me take her to the zoo like we had planned 5 weeks ago. And... I'm trying not to be aggrivated by it. Also, the shortage of phone time is starting to drag me down. I feel like I shouldn't start feeling so conceted to get 'more' than what I'm getting now... I just wish I had more control over it. Especially since I'm going to be an hour and a half drive to come down to take her out, and then come down and not be able to, ya know? Am I justified for feeling a little... selfish for wanting more time with her? Or is it silly puppy love?

A little more info, we have become deeply in love with each other, and have made many plans for down the road. I feel.. happy, pleased, and content with her in my life, and don't want that feeling of bliss to change. Ah, I can go on forever eh? Thanks for your help folks.

Be careful about getting irritated if she's too busy to spend more time talking. You might push her away.
    I don't chase, I replace.