+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The High School Couple

The High School Couple

He returned home, tired from a long day of work at the factory. He had been working at the same factory since he graduated from high school. And has been working in the same town all those years. Now a married man, it seems he's destined to stay here forever.

Moving to NYC, or some other big city now a dream. He always wanted to be a stock broker. Instead, he works as a mechanic in the pits of American society.

Today was another tough day at work. He came home to his wife. She was also a local. They met in high school... dated, got married, and in the future probably will have kids.

She was in the kitchen, fixing dinner. He sneaked behind her, and held her by the waist.

"Hey baby, you looking sexy", he said with an air of desperation

She secretly enjoyed when he talked this way. With her back towards him, she smiled without letting him know.

At times she was carefree and relaxed. But most of the time, she wore a mask that would never reveal her true feelings that she held deep inside. She had a secret that she wanted to tell the world, but she couldn't

He now made his way to the room. He asked how how she felt. She said she was okay. But he knew much better. So he held her by the waist, and punched her the same way he did after everyday of work. She cried, helplessly.

AWARENESS WEEK!

Oh my god, RSK! What a horrible ending.

hey there shh! i know, but it ends with 'awareness week'... tried to go for the 'shock factor' ending.

you know, they say in medicine... to get somone to quit smoking, you should NEVER show them a smokers lungs to scare them. But i'm not so sure. oh well, guidelines are guidelines.

maybe i should edit the story?

The story is what it is... leave it be, I think.

My clinical instructors tell me to scare the patients... I had to go tell a poorly controlled diabetic woman how grisly it is to change the bandages on amputated feet, and that if she didn't do a better job controlling her blood sugar, I'd be seeing her in the future.

Interesting they tell you NOT to do this.

i used to smoke but stopped because i spent approximately 2 hours with somebody who was in the last stages of emphysema.

that was scary.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Tone Guest
    I thought the secret was going to be she was pregnant.. but I was wrong.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Wow, RSK. I actually thought it was very good.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Hey RSK - I watched "Cinema Paradiso" again last night and thought of you, especially since I recognized a story I think you posted on some thread a long time ago...

Sadly, the quality of the DVD was poor towards the end, and it kept skipping. Grr!

Anyway, I was thinking of you...

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    Hey RSK - I watched "Cinema Paradiso" again last night and thought of you, especially since I recognized a story I think you posted on some thread a long time ago...

Sadly, the quality of the DVD was poor towards the end, and it kept skipping. Grr!

Anyway, I was thinking of you...
    hey, that's right, i remember... i posted that story alfredo says toward the end... i first watched the directors cut before the shorter one. and because of that, i prefer the longer version.

but if i had watched the shorter version first, then i would have probably fell in love with it, and not pay much attention to the directors cut. but the directors cut answers many questions! i can't imagine now knowing

after watching the movie half a dozen times over years, the title track brings back many memories.... awesome movie!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FzVWlOKeLs"]YouTube - Ennio Morricone - Cinema Paradiso[/ame]

My foreign film buddy! I do love those foreign films. I rented 6 of them over the last week. They were all good.

Have you seen any good ones lately?

hey hey! [url]http://www.loveforum.net/off-topic-discussion/11193-why-did-soldier-leave-99th-day.html[/url]

btw, one that i must recommend (you might have already seen it). A korean movie, called Oldboy... phenomenal! a must watch for everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by RSK View Post
    hey hey! [url]http://www.loveforum.net/off-topic-discussion/11193-why-did-soldier-leave-99th-day.html[/url]

btw, one that i must recommend (you might have already seen it). A korean movie, called Oldboy... phenomenal! a must watch for everybody.
    Good film, has nothing on "My sassy girl" though.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

that story started off so beautiful and then what the hell happened? that is the most horrible ending ever i can imagine this is supposed to be a love section not for violent psychopaths. i wish i was there, help the girl leave and oh my God that is just horrible, makes me sick to the bone, just sick - how can you post a story like that?

What a story!

The story doesn't make sense to me! its started it so nice...and the ending, NEVER MIND!