+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boyfriends Mother

Just for you Cain, ten dollah!

Stop jumping around the question, Vash.

What perspective can make what the mother said NOT overbearing? She either said it or she didn't. If you don't think the OP is lying, then the mother said it... and that's overbearing.
    I don't chase, I replace.

And I'd buy the bridge just so I could throw you from it with an anchor around your ankles.

Wow,
    thanks all for the posts.
    First of all, those are words from his mother as I have heard them it would be awful pathetic of me to make that up. I really do love his mom just her overprotective crazy side is slightly annoying. But, it could just be me as I was brought up the exact opposite as him.
    Second of all I may be a needy girlfriend but I don't want him to move in with my for financial reasons. His wallet and money mean shit, I want his company, I want to further our relationship but I should have stated that from the start. I love him and I want to be with him as he does with me but it is hard for him as he never wants to let his parents down.
    He has graduated college, pursued his career and is in a great state with his life. He has told me, he wanted to move in here, he has bought stuff for the house as he was going to move in many of times than when his mother opens her mouth he can't say no to her.

As for my being a depressed poor girl with a broken home life I would like to see some of you deal with what us"broken down home life, depressed poor girls" has had to go through in life and maybe then you'd understand.

Thanks again all!

Quote Originally Posted by LMK View Post
    he wanted to move in here, he has bought stuff for the house as he was going to move in many of times than when his mother opens her mouth he can't say no to her.
    Well, hun... you picked him. If he isn't the guy you thought you'd be getting, maybe you should call it quits?

As for my being a depressed poor girl with a broken home life I would like to see some of you deal with what us"broken down home life, depressed poor girls" has had to go through in life and maybe then you'd understand.
    You probably shouldn't assume you are the only one who came out of a hard-knock life. There are lots of us out there. Anyway, your childhood isn't really relevant to the problem at hand.

Anyway, I hope this relationship works out for the best for all concerned parties.

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    So far as I could see, I am the only person who implied there is probably another side of the story. The original poster is free to listen to everyone but me if she chooses, but I think I offer a different perspective.

There are 3 sides to every story. His/hers and the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasein View Post
    There are 3 sides to every story. His/hers and the truth.
    Like I said... why bother to give advice then?

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    Like I said... why bother to give advice then?

You need to have a certain amount of discretion. Everyone who comes on here seeking advice is bascially looking for validation for their own feelings. If they are angry with their partner they write the bits that only make them angry. You have to understand how human nature works, try to see their side but also between the lines THEN give advice.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You have to understand how human nature works, try to see their side but also between the lines THEN give advice.
    I prefer to see my side in everything.

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    You probably shouldn't assume you are the only one who came out of a hard-knock life. There are lots of us out there. Anyway, your childhood isn't really relevant to the problem at hand.
    I don't believe I said I was the only one with a 'hard knock life'.

anachronistic Guest
    Wow,
    thanks all for the posts.
    First of all, those are words from his mother as I have heard them it would be awful pathetic of me to make that up. I really do love his mom just her overprotective crazy side is slightly annoying. But, it could just be me as I was brought up the exact opposite as him.
    Second of all I may be a needy girlfriend but I don't want him to move in with my for financial reasons. His wallet and money mean shit, I want his company, I want to further our relationship but I should have stated that from the start. I love him and I want to be with him as he does with me but it is hard for him as he never wants to let his parents down.
    He has graduated college, pursued his career and is in a great state with his life. He has told me, he wanted to move in here, he has bought stuff for the house as he was going to move in many of times than when his mother opens her mouth he can't say no to her.

Thanks again all!
    Tell him he's going to have to move out eventually, even if that's not what his mother wants. She'll go through a period of denial, but then she'll accept the fact that her son is growing up, and she'll respect him as an adult like he needs to be.

Everything will be fine. It's always hard to leave home. You just need to be respectful of this.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    f*cking momma's boy... well you've basically got two options. dump him because obviously he's not ready to step up to his mother who doesn't want to let him go...

or two, deal with this shit because either way, he's not willing to change or do a damn thing about it to satisfy your needs.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

You need to have a certain amount of discretion. Everyone who comes on here seeking advice is bascially looking for validation for their own feelings. If they are angry with their partner they write the bits that only make them angry. You have to understand how human nature works, try to see their side but also between the lines THEN give advice.
    The problem is that "seeing between the lines" isn't guaranteeing you're right and so the advice that you and Vash are giving is shit if it doesn't apply to the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    The problem is that "seeing between the lines" isn't guaranteeing you're right and so the advice that you and Vash are giving is shit if it doesn't apply to the OP.
    There is no guarantee ANY advice is correct or applies to the OP, including yours.

Now please, just stop.

I think the only reason I'm perplexed is because you're not saying that the OP is making up what the mother said, and yet you say that she's biased so there's another side.

If she isn't lying about the comments made, what could the "other side" do to change it? Do I think that this girl is completely innocent? No. Do I think the mother is concerned? Yes. Do I think the bf should move in with her? Only if he wants to and isn't doing it because he feels he has to.

My only issue is the comments the mother made. If the OP isn't lying about them, then the mother IS overprotective and she's turned her son into a momma's boy.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast