+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to REDUCE muscle mass?

How to REDUCE muscle mass?

Is there anyway to actually reduce muscle mass other than just not working out? See I have naturally muscular arms and legs but I hate muscle, I just want to be skinny.

hmmm...think I'll leave this one for Iron.
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Personally, I think you're nuts. I've never seen ANYONE that is 'too muscular', at least not without some kind of pharmaceutical enhancement.

But....you lose muscle the same way you lose fat...burning more calories than you take in, and if you are not stimulating the muscle tissue (lifting weights) you will lose muscle. High rep training will also cause you to lose muscle tissue - for example, a marathon runner. A reduction in protein will also force your body into a catabolic state, burning the muscle tissue to acquire adequate amino acids.

Go on a vegetarian diet, go for long, moderate intensity runs, and don't work out. You'll lose muscle mass. They'll be calling you a pencil neck geek in no time.
    Because a hard man is good to find.

Um yeah - wtf is wrong with you dude ? Chicks dig muscles - thats why I aint got one - lol

Dude - if I can find a doctor that will do surgery that will put your muscles in my body - would you be up for it ?! I want muscles badly

Not to all girls. See I'm really involved in the punk/emo scene, and in those is cool to be skinny, and thats what most of the girls go for. And besides I'd rather be skinny than muscular just out of personal preference.

Not to ALL girls.. So there must be SOME girls that would like you bein' muscular.. LoL..

I've been in bands where the other band members absolutely HATED that I was so muscular. They were going for the 'scrawny punk' look, and actually requested that I tone my look 'down'. HA! Not in this lifetime!

Those chicks that prefer the emaciated look will grow out of it. When I graduated HS, I weighed 135 lbs, at 5 foot 10....so I KNOW the skinny look. When you start to get around more mature women, you'll wish you had some of that muscle back (fyi - I'm now 190 summer weight, 210 winter weight)
    Because a hard man is good to find.

i am 180 all year round and I am 6'1" or 6'2" (i am not sure about my height anymore lol)