+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: alright, I posted this somewhere else too..but I wanna know from YOU GUYS!! ....

alright, I posted this somewhere else too..but I wanna know from YOU GUYS!! ....

Should I give him a chance....

I graduated this past May..but At the beginning of the year, everything was normal between me and one of my teachers, but as the year went on, I realized that he started doing strange things, like telling other kids(as a joke), that they should not talk to me, even make eye contact with me..or one time he said in class one day, that he loved me and that I will always have a special place in his heart. He would make these little remarks like, once I saw him in the hallway and it was crowded and he came out of one of the classes and told these kids, hey you guys need get to class and clear the hallways, because there is a beautiful girl in the hallway. He saw me before graduation, he told me I looked beautiful, and said that this year has been a year he won't forget, because he feels that he has become a better person, teacher, everything because I opened his eyes to giving people an opportunity to succeed.The year was full of moments like that. Now, I am starting to question how I feel about him, It's like he slowly seduced me all year? I just don't know if these 'feelings' between us are real?

I have talked to some friends and most just tell me I just took what he said wrong, and I should forget it..but everytime I get convinced, yeah..it probobly didn't mean anything..or he didnt mean what he said like that, something else happens..and it makes me think otherwise.

As for me, in all honesty, I do like him, as we did spend a lot of time together last year, but I just can imagine what other people would say, and Its sort of like, my heart tells me one thing, but the reality of the way people think makes me feel like I have to think otherwise. I don't want either of us to get a bad reputation, and I know that people could think things happened before Graduation. I mean, he told me at the end of the year, that he did like me, and hoped that any guy that dates me, realizes how lucky he really is. I really dont know if these feelings are 'real' or if my mind is just playing tricks on me.

I ran into him recently.. and it was at school, and when he saw me, he told me, 'hey..before you leave, you have to check out my office..you haven't been up there yet.' So, He went to class and I went up to see what he was talking about, and he had this little sign thing ( that I started as a joke with acouple of other teachers as well), and its just this lil paper sign that will say like...WHAT, or Confused, or HuH? and I like hold them up during classes...its really more of an inside joke with the people at my school, but it saved me from having to raise my hand or call out every 5 min. when I was in a class that I never understood anything..lol..and a lot of other people started doing it too..but Its all out of fun...and he had the sign that I had for his class last year framed, and then he had this pic. of us that I gave him at the end of the year, framed too. Like I said, the sign..I could see framed..cause most of the other teachers who I have done this with..framed their's too...haha..but the picture kinda shocked me...I was like...huh? I mean, I gave any teacher that I had taken a photo with at the end of the year, a copy of the pic. and some of them tacked it on the wall, or just have it like leaning on something in their office, or some just took it home, but I was surprised that he framed it...I was like..wow..really was not expecting that. Its like the only two things he has up too..like he doesnt have any other things up in his office yet. Part of me says, wow, thats nice of him, and then the other part is like...alittle strange.

What do you guys think?!?
    *THANKS*

How old are you both?

And this is college graduation, right?
    I don't chase, I replace.

I am gonna be 19 and he is gonna be 25. I just graduated H.S. Most of my friends that I have gone to about this...either told me, it may torture me a little, because I may wonder “what if…” But they think I should just forget everything all together..and if I see him in school, just ignore him, whatever. And the others, are like..well..you guys dont have that student /teacher relationship anymore. There's alot of things that happend over my Senior year in his class, that if I wrote would take forever...I took a lot more out of his class that just the subject work, I struggled a lot and at the end of the day, came out on top, and it took lots of hard work, but I accomplished alot in his class, and with his help. BUT, he had alot of growing up to do...and I guess I rushed the process...I was constantly having to fight for things in his class, extra credit anything. I was that senior that needed 2 points and he couldn't give anything to me. He was a "new" teacher and I guess, he just needed to be broken in. But that is why he said the things he said to me before graduation. I made a lot of changes over the year, about how I was gonna approach his class..and He changed alot over the year too. So just for reasons like that, we have alot of good/bad times together, it was always a love/hate friendship, I guess you can say.

I don't have an opinion on what you should do, but I definitely think this teacher is going to eventually get himself fired before he turns 30. He's overstepping his bounds tremendously by flirting with students of his, legal age or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    I don't have an opinion on what you should do, but I definitely think this teacher is going to eventually get himself fired before he turns 30. He's overstepping his bounds tremendously by flirting with students of his, legal age or not.
    actually u would be pretty hard pressed to take such actions, firing a teacher for going out with a student who is legal. The teachers union would be over the school administrations ass in a matter of seconds. It happened at one of my HS's a couple years before i got there myself, a teacher whose the union rep told us.

Not legally allowed to be fired, only way would be if he was pumping up a students grades he was dating.

I think it would be easy to get rid of him on the grounds of unprofessionalism.

IMO.... dont go there... it could destroy your future carreer if things go bad, and will most likely destroy his when they 'ask him to resign' on grounds of unprofessionalism...

i replied to a similar post of yours i believe...

my friend was in a similar situation, and went out with this guy for a while, he was later fired, she was training to be a psycologist or similar profession, due to his name and hers being completely shattered, she now works in a supermarket stacking shelves.

Well...you know, Part of me really thinks that if all of this was happening to someone else that I knew or something, I would probably be saying the same kind of things that you guys are saying...but I really feel....kind of torn between thinking..he is a good person, and friend..with thinking he is got ulterior motives for everything and the whole year was just a joke. There are some times, I think....maybe I have just been a women, played the fool. Its all in my head...but on the flip side..there's always a small part of me, that thinks...maybe..just maybe...everything happened for a reason...and then I am left with...follow my head, or my "heart". I do realize that what he did, (all the stuff said DURING the year), that was well..unprofessional and I think he lucked out that I was a rather mature person, that didnt take what he said the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    I think it would be easy to get rid of him on the grounds of unprofessionalism.
    I agree with shhh. just think of your reputations

I agree that you should think of your reputations...but you're out of H.S. right and about to move onto college? So why not? He's NOT your teacher now and your age gap isn't bad (IMO). With the teacher-student connection gone, you guys have no strings attached right?

But you're still young...you could end up finding someone else, especially in college.

Quote Originally Posted by damn2008 View Post
    I agree that you should think of your reputations...but you're out of H.S. right and about to move onto college? So why not? He's NOT your teacher now and your age gap isn't bad (IMO). With the teacher-student connection gone, you guys have no strings attached right?

But you're still young...you could end up finding someone else, especially in college.

Yeah, I graduated this past year. I am doing 2 years at a community college in town and then I am gonna transfer out.

Quote Originally Posted by all alone View Post
    actually u would be pretty hard pressed to take such actions, firing a teacher for going out with a student who is legal. The teachers union would be over the school administrations ass in a matter of seconds. It happened at one of my HS's a couple years before i got there myself, a teacher whose the union rep told us.

Not legally allowed to be fired, only way would be if he was pumping up a students grades he was dating.
    Show me a news article with the result.

There are areas where lines can't be crossed, and a student/teacher relationship is one of them.

I'm a college professor. it is included in our contract that it is not good to have a relationship with your students and may cause termination. You're still young so don't ruin things/future. There's a lot of things you need to concentrate on, girl!. Finish your degree then look for a stable job and love will just be around the corner. just email me if you need some more advice then i'll give you my number so we can meet one of this day i can be your ate...lks523@gmail.com

Imagine if you are going to work where you teach and you fall in love with a student who isn't that far off your age. ???? ...
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

I am not trying to ruin anyone's future or anything. I never thought of him as anything but my teacher, but then as time passes, its like my mind changed and I know that can happen, but I guess I just dont want to loose him as a friend if things end up not working out. But the strange thing is, that sometimes...when we see eachother...because my cousin is a junior in the school that I graduated from, so I had to go in and pick her up the other day..and she was getting help from a teacher so I was in the front office and..he came in the front doors from the parking lot and was like..Ohh Hi...what are you doing here and I told him I was picking up my cousin and he was like ohh..and then he walked into the office and when he came out, he was like " oh Nicki...I have to stay away from you..." or something like that..I couldn't really make out what he said..but I was like..hmmm...thats wierd.

And like everyone from the school went to our first Homegame last weekend...it was a huge game because we were playing a school we have not played in years...so everyone was there..I saw him at a Football Game this past week and He told me, he (w/out the use of my real name to his students), he used my whole."Struggling at the start of the year.changed my attitude.ended up passing his class with an 'A'.or the as we call it.The " miracle story ".He was like."I used that in my First day of school speech that I gave all my classes." "I told them, no one can tell me they can't pass my class.because I know a girl out there that is living proof that it is possible." "so I just thought you should know, I was talking about you to all my classes the first day of school." and then he was messing with our cell phones.trying to take pictures of me and trying to figure out how to save pics. of himself on mine, etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast