+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How long is standard in your minds....

How long is standard in your minds....

for you to be dating a girl before you can move in with her?

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'd say wait until your second date. Third at the latest.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

I moved in with my boyfriend probably 3 months into the relationship. He asked me to spend the night and I just never left. It just depends on how you guys are together.
    (¯`•.•´¯) (¯`•.•´¯)
    `•.¸(¯`...´¯)¸.•´
    ×°× `•.¸.•´ ×°×

Quote Originally Posted by sweetnsexy6953 View Post
    I moved in with my boyfriend probably 3 months into the relationship. He asked me to spend the night and I just never left. It just depends on how you guys are together.
    I would never move in with someone after just being with them for three months. In fact, I'd never move in with anyone until we've left the honeymoon phase.
    I don't chase, I replace.

If I imagine spending my life with them, I would not move in until at least after engagement with a wedding date approaching.

If I was much older such as 55+ or if I do not imagine a lifetime with them then I would wait until after the 'honeymoon' stages aka infatuation stage which can be about 1-2 years long....so after 2 years if I was younger and probably 9 months - 1 year if I was around 55 years of age.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetnsexy6953 View Post
    Do you have your own residence and this is an extended 'visitation', lol?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You all are nuts. You've got to live with a person before you really know them. People don't show their true colors on dates or weekend getaways. It takes months of cohabitation before the ugly truth comes out. And you mean to tell me you'd get married without first knowing you were truly compatible?

No wonder so many marriages end in divorce.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    You all are nuts. You've got to live with a person before you really know them. People don't show their true colors on dates or weekend getaways. It takes months of cohabitation before the ugly truth comes out. And you mean to tell me you'd get married without first knowing you were truly compatible?

No wonder so many marriages end in divorce.
    I wouldn't get married before I moved in with someone, but I sure as hell wouldn't move in with someone until I was sure that I was in love with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    I wouldn't get married before I moved in with someone, but I sure as hell
    wouldn't move in with someone until I was sure that I was in love with them.
    That is for sure, as marriage only means that your meant for each other in the long run.

You must take the appropriate steps before you can really tie the knot and it
    usually takes about 1-3 years before you truly know, if your in love or not.

1.DATE, 2. RELATIONSHIP, 3. MEET THE PARENTS, 4. LIVE TOGETHER,
    5. PROPOSE, 6. GET MARRIED, 7. HAVE KIDS, 8. BECOME GRANDPARENTS, 9. ETC.

" Nothing is a waste of time, if you use the experience wisely."
    => Auguste Rodin

No way in hell would I live with someone I wasn't married to... why would I want to? The party's over once you start having to wash their underwear and listen to them snore every night.

Besides, studies show you are more likely to divorce if you live together before marrying.

But I don't think that's what you want to know, Jenny... I think what you really need to know is that you can't move in with your boyfriend until he WANTS you to.
    Last edited by shh!; 29-08-08 at 06:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kromat View Post
    You must take the appropriate steps before you can really tie the knot and it
    usually takes about 1-3 years before you truly know, if your in love or not.
    Silly young ones lol. See how men want their cake and eat it too (such a silly phase but anyhow….)

Corrections:
    1.DATE, 2. RELATIONSHIP, 3. MEET THE PARENTS, 4. PROPOSE, 5. LIVE TOGETHER,
    6. GET MARRIED, 7. HAVE KIDS, 8. BECOME GRANDPARENTS, 9. ETC

I don't disagree that you DO need to see what you are getting yourself into, but if you have a normal IQ range you can figure that out to a degree. You guys just want the woman without the 'permanent' commitment. You can't tell me otherwise.

Most of you men probably already know that you don't want to spend a lifetime with her and is just stringing her along with this tactic.

EDIT: Why end the 'boyfriend/girlfriend' relationship and go straight to the married life phase without the marriage? Silly guys, lol.
    Last edited by lesa; 29-08-08 at 06:34 AM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't even want the woman. Not living in my house, anyway. Believe me when I say it isn't that.
    -Mark Twain

-Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    I don't even want the woman. Not living in my house, anyway. Believe me when I say it isn't that.
    What is it....I have time...I'll wait? Why move in after the second date? Can I safely assume that you were joking?

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    You guys just want the woman without the 'permanent' commitment. You can't tell me otherwise.
    Don't generalize.

I was planning on living with my ex for a couple of years before we got married, only because we couldn't afford the actual wedding yet. It had nothing to do with the fact that I didn't want the commitment.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast