+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Aethist or Religious?

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You know what's crazy? The other night I was talking to my sister about religion. She knows almost nothing about it. My parents don't really give a shit one way or the other. I'm more or less atheist, but I have the decency not to force my opinions on children.

As a result, her whole life she's gone without any real knowledge of religion. She hears snippets of it, of course. She knows who Jesus was, she has a vague knowledge of some of the stories in the bible, but ultimately, she's a person who hasn't been influenced one way or the other.

I just thought it was kind of cool. Her snap judgment is to assume religion is the biggest crock of shit ever, which I think anyone who wasn't brainwashed as a child would agree.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

she's going to hell.

lol jk.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    i'm catholic and the guilt was pounded into my skull but i'm not guilty. not even a little.

i'm one of those naughty catholic girls.
    Yes, but how do you look in the Catholic school girl uniform?

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    she's going to hell.

lol jk.
    I'll get there ahead of her and believe you me, I'd rip Satan's cock off and **** him with it if he so much as looked at her funny.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

I'm atheist

Does anyone watch the show "Wife Swap"?

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TJLOGI2Odc[/url]

Idk how much people would get offended that I find this hilarious, but I really wanted to share.

"GET THE HELL OUT OF MY HOUSE IN JESUS NAME I PRAY!!!".
    LOL
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

O M G!!!!! that woman was insane!
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

i despise religion and imo its the root CAUSE of evil, compartmentalising people because they believe in one god or another, causing WARS over whos 'better' or more 'holy'... its all SH*T!

look at northern ireland.. catholics and protestants fighting for decades over what? same god, practically same belief structure...

Muslims & Christians, same god, [Allah in the q'hran is the same as Gdo in the bible folks] fighiting over sum dude who died 2008 yrs ago...

Muslims & Jews... well i reallly dont get this 1, but to be fair it was the western world that created that situation after the suez crisis in egypt and the collapse of collonialisation.

I have read the Bible, Q'hran, parts of the torah, and a number of hindu & buddhist texts. i draw my belief structure from each one, they are all warped in my eyes and the only true way to lead a good life is by doing what you want to do, questioning the ethics and morality of each desision in turn.

I am not even an athiest.. i believe if you see fit to perform an action and are prepared for concequences, either good or bad, then you must ballance in your own mind the pros and cons.
    ...judge not a book by its cover, nor the words by the pages on which they are written...

..."you can hold back form the suffering of the world and you have free permission to do so, and it is within your nature. but perhaps in this holding back, you have invoked the one suffering you could have avoided"...

Quote Originally Posted by psydex View Post

look at northern ireland.. catholics and protestants fighting for decades over what? same god, practically same belief structure...

its more about land....it became about religion simply because the English were protestant...it became a way to distinguish the difference of the two since we all look the same....it has always been about the land the English took.....I don’t give a crap about that anyway....no-one down south does....NI is a country of it's own as far as we are concerned and they can fight it out amongst themselves
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Speaking of different interpretations of the same religion, isn't that essentially the case of sunni and shi'ite muslims in Iraq nowadays?

Religion is just a word.
    Don't expect anything.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    Religion is just a word.
    So is American.

Tedel Guest
    Anyway, religions are so messed up these days that no wonder if someone comes one day and says that Jesus has stopped being a Christian.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedel View Post
    Anyway, religions are so messed up these days that no wonder if someone comes one day and says that Jesus has stopped being a Christian.
    lol, well said

gotta be honest. i think i might be atheist. yet when something big happens i pray for it to go right...
    make sense? no
    just like religion.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast