+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Aethist or Religious?

^^ What are you talking about?

Misombra - I saw that documentary. I felt sorry for those kids. They seemed terrified.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    ^^ What are you talking about?

Misombra - I saw that documentary. I felt sorry for those kids. They seemed terrified.
    I am just being a little abstract; I was pointing out how a lot of the things they were preaching and doing were fabricated in a sense to nullify the real meaning of the original message. It's just this whole idea of contemporary religion; it bothers me. I wasn't making fun of Jews with my comment.

I guess I just believe that the individual has the right to find out the truth for his or her self. The way religion conforms people like this, is the heart of many problems, I have come to find. It's crazy! It's about control; directing the sheep and getting them to go where you want them to go. It's all directly connected to the reasons we can't have a completely 'free' society; because a conspiracy will form, and try to control it, and conform it to what they think is 'right'. What happens if you teach kids that at a young age? I'm curious.
    Last edited by anachronistic; 16-09-08 at 03:39 AM.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ugh. Both of those videos are horrible. Those poor, poor children. That Jesus Camp nonsense should be illegal. I hope those children grow up to rebel against their parents.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    [url]http://tvshack.net/documentaries/Jesus_Camp__2006_/[/url]
    Wow that video….it mentioned at the beginning hundreds of thousands of children being manipulated in the classrooms….its nuts if it’s true…. They are making these kids believe that they are extra special….i wonder what kind of adults they will be……the video comes across as very weird and frightening…almost as if someone is going to tell us it’s actually been a joke all along… hopefully they will rebel but kids thinking that they are special and have a mission…. it’s quite sensationalist but interesting. thanks misombra
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    God is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    [url]http://tvshack.net/documentaries/Jesus_Camp__2006_/[/url]
    Ugh, even in the less extreme examples it really sickens me to have some loudmouth walking around and talking saying a bunch of bullshit and the rest of the crowd cheering like mindless zombies. And speaking in tongues, now that's just messed up.

I do not believe in religion.

have a listen/watch this vid... i think its a really good tune, fantastic lyrics - really sums up the mess we've all made [we as in 'mankind']

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7KnGNOiFll4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7KnGNOiFll4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KnGNOiFll4"]YouTube - Dan Le Sac vs. Scroobius Pip - Letter from God[/ame]
    ...judge not a book by its cover, nor the words by the pages on which they are written...

..."you can hold back form the suffering of the world and you have free permission to do so, and it is within your nature. but perhaps in this holding back, you have invoked the one suffering you could have avoided"...

Quote Originally Posted by psydex View Post
    have a listen/watch this vid... i think its a really good tune, fantastic lyrics - really sums up the mess we've all made [we as in 'mankind']
    oh boy does it sum up everything! religion, politics, morals, ethics everything....the human condition
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    oh boy does it sum up everything! religion, politics, morals, ethics everything....the human condition
    i only heard it yesterday, and youre spot on there eco... the human 'condition'
    ...judge not a book by its cover, nor the words by the pages on which they are written...

..."you can hold back form the suffering of the world and you have free permission to do so, and it is within your nature. but perhaps in this holding back, you have invoked the one suffering you could have avoided"...

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm the kind of person everyone should aspire to be.

Not Jesus.

I'm neither an Atheist nor Religious

Though, I believe in God.

But not the angry God. My God is good.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    I'm the kind of person everyone should aspire to be.

Not Jesus.
    Sure ya are

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    I'm neither atheist nor religious. I believe in God
    That makes you a person of faith. Also known as religious. There is either an atheist or a religious. there is nothing out side of that. There is either a baseball fan, or a person who doesn't care for baseball. agnostics are just lazy atheists.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    . agnostics are just lazy atheists.
    On the contrary, agnostics spend more time considering the nature of god's existence (or non-existence) than either the bible thumpers or the atheists, both of whom are arrogant enough to think they have it all figured out, and thus are too lazy to consider arguments against their position.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast