+ Follow This Topic
Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: obama.

Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    Well, I don't really agree to Ecojeanne's arguments (or way of putting it all forward in one sentence or less), but at least having an outside opinion gives a point of view from countries that might have more than two actual options of political parties to choose from, and won't undergo the same media slant. And with the topic being about helping out in foreign countries, I don't see how only americans should be scrutinizing what happens outside of the borders. If it was an internal affairs thing, then yes.

As for "helping", it depends entirely on what it is. Let's have a theoretical example.

"US gives $1bn to rebuild Georgia"

That's all well and good.

However, if the administration would be back two years later and request the building of a missile defense system against supposed terrorist attacks (Czech Republic, anyone?) and use their previous aid as a lever to request it, it's exploiting an opportunity rather than helping.

Aid is something you give, not a loan that you expect to be repaid in full. If it's not aid, call it by its true name - a business venture.

Eeh, probably not making much sense, 7:42 in the morning is too early for me Z.z
    omg! that was perfect...i know i dont have the best way to explain myself...i'm fully aware that America does good things but i was pointing out that they have a lot of serious bad aswell...anyway i didnt actually want to offend...i was actually just trying to open minds to other points of view...cain eggs me on like f**k
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

**** cain, vote for obama.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    omg! that was perfect...i know i dont have the best way to explain myself...i'm fully aware that America does good things but i was pointing out that they have a lot of serious bad aswell...anyway i didnt actually want to offend...i was actually just trying to open minds to other points of view...cain eggs me on like f**k
    Stop whining, you twat.

I simply respond to your complaints.

I have no problem with the US expecting something in return for their help. I would be very irritated if we were giving other countries money with nothing in return.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    i agree that with help from the u.s. comes all kinds of other bad stuff. we want souls in return for what we give.

there's also those countries that **** it all up when they get it. or people give and give and never gets to the people that need it.
    Speaking of which, I'm not really fond of giving to aid these days. The problem appears to be greater in distributing and using the funds effectively (or at all) rather than getting the cash itself.

Reminds me of the dozens of fishing boats that the aid agencies bought for tsunami survivors, but didn't buy an engine for a single one of them so that they were essentially useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    Stop whining, you twat.

I have no problem with the US expecting something in return for their help. I would be very irritated if we were giving other countries money with nothing in return.
    they are not complaints they're opinions and would you stop trying to provoke me....its getting ridiculous
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    Stop whining, you twat.

i disagree. people shouldn't give with the expectation of getting something back.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    But countries should

Like Ethiopia giving monetary aid to Mexico when they got hit by that big hurricane in the 80s or early 90s... They couldn't even afford it, but did so because Mexico came to their aid earlier in history

well that's the nice and polite thing to do. but the u.s. most of the time doesn't help to be nice and polite, they do it because they want something in return.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Exactly, we should stop helping other and start helping ourselves.

Vote Ron Paul.

you can actually write him in on your ballot.

vote for obama instead though.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    you can actually write him in on your ballot.
    I know I can.

And I will.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You can write him in and vote for him, but you'd be throwing away your vote.

Pick the lesser of the two evils. No matter how much you hate the candidates, there must be one you think is worse than the other. I don't get it. So many people voted for Nader knowing full well he wouldn't win. Had they picked a candidate who actually stood a chance Bush might not ever have been in office.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    You can write him in and vote for him, but you'd be throwing away your vote.
    You're right.

Someone is gonna be president, regardless of whether I vote or not.

So why bother?

That kind of train of thought undermines the ideal democracy.
    Last edited by Junket; 09-09-08 at 05:52 AM.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I didn't say don't bother voting.

I said vote for one of the two candidates who stands a chance of winning the election. Your vote still matters. Assuming McCain is the candidate most in line with your views, it's one less vote for him. It may as well be a vote for Obama.
    Last edited by Gribble; 09-09-08 at 06:01 AM.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    They're both faggots.

I'm voting Ron Paul.

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast