+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: obama.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj1hCDjwG6M"]YouTube - Barack Obama's Speech on Father's Day[/ame]
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If I were American I'd vote Obama.

He has a few ideas that seem a bit idealistic, but otherwise I think he's a far better pick than McCain.

Oh, and I think that bit of news from Palin that Lesa was hinting at was that her 17 year old daughter is pregnant.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    Oh, and I think that bit of news from Palin that Lesa was hinting at was that her 17 year old daughter is pregnant.
    That and people tried spreading rumors that Palin's fifth child was actually her daughter's which is untrue.

Personally, I don't think that her 17 year old daughter should even be involved in this and it sickens me that the news is reporting this shit as if it's important. Though I don't agree with a 17 year old having children, why is it all of a sudden such a big deal when it comes from someone famous or someone in politics?
    I don't chase, I replace.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    That and people tried spreading rumors that Palin's fifth child was actually her daughter's which is untrue.

Personally, I don't think that her 17 year old daughter should even be involved in this and it sickens me that the news is reporting this shit as if it's important. Though I don't agree with a 17 year old having children, why is it all of a sudden such a big deal when it comes from someone famous or someone in politics?
    I don't really think the media should care so much about this either since it's obviously a private family matter.

But I think they do because Palin backed abstinence-only education during her 2006 gubernatorial race, therefore making her seem like a hypocrite. The media will always stir this kind of shit up so they can snag viewers/readers.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    I don't really think the media should care so much about this either since it's obviously a private family matter.

But I think they do because Palin backed abstinence-only education during her 2006 gubernatorial race, therefore making her seem like a hypocrite. The media will always stir this kind of shit up so they can snag viewers/readers.
    Why does it make her a hypocrite? She can teach her opinions to her daughter but it doesn't mean her daughter is going to listen.

Why does it make her a hypocrite? She can teach her opinions to her daughter but it doesn't mean her daughter is going to listen.
    True, but some might find it hypocritical that she wanted to fund an educational program that her own daughter cannot even learn from.
    Last edited by starbuck; 03-09-08 at 09:40 AM.

There's much more than meets the eye Cain. Palin is putting that info into the mainstream media and not the internet gossip people. She decided to 'show off' her daughter's private life like that. She is even cruel enough to display the father of the child too. You'll see that soon as well. No one announced the pregnancy of her daughter to the mainstream media except for her and her fear of the National Enquirer gossip magazine. Strange indeed. I would never choose to sacrifice my children for the 'career' she knew little about eariler.

I agree Lesa. The whole thing is very strange. What were they going to do with her once she really started showing? Send her off to boarding school? Or give the baby up for adoption?

I don't understand why they tried so hard to hide it in the first place. Yes, it's a private matter, but it was going to come out eventually when the girl started showing. It's like they were completely ashamed of her until the rumors started and then they felt like they had to reveal it.

I was satisfied with Obama's speech regarding the media bringing the daughter into the picture.

Personally, I think there is going to be alot more weird stuff coming out of race in the next coming months. I just read that Palin and her husband were members of the "Alaskan Independence Party," which "since the 1970s has been pushing for a legal vote for Alaskans to decide whether or not residents of the 49th state can secede from the United States" (!!?)

So she wanted to secede from the country she now wants to lead? I hope she gets called out on this during the debate.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    It isn't that the media cares. News is business. To stay afloat they've got to shovel dirt to keep the masses appeased. That's what the people want. Sex scandals. Who ****ing cares about politics, right? We want to know who's sleeping with who, and who got knocked up.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

so just to remind you guys, vote for obama.

I was satisfied with Obama's speech regarding the media bringing the daughter into the picture.
    I agree 100% that this shouldn't be in the news…it’s disgusting and I’m glad that Obama is very respectful on this private matter that has nothing to do with politics. It's wasn't the mainstream media...they kept their mouth's shut until she mentioned it. There was gossip on people's website but they can place rumors and she can sue for libeling or slandering. I think many are thinking that Obama and his crew have something to do with it and that is not true. He doesn’t need to do something like this….in fact, this kind of stuff can hurt him because people may assume that he has something to do with it.

All of this occurred because people decided to do a little vetting of their own and it goes beyond private family issues and more into Palin’s character/background and we wonder is she is fit become VP and potentially president. Look what she is doing to her own children (and soon the boyfriend) for her own benefits. Plus, like starbuck said, the program she is for does not seem to be working and maybe she should consider adding additional types of education to her sex ed program for her state.

oh whatever. that lady preached and campaigned about how sex education should not be done in schools blah blah blah. her plans and ideas just blew right up in her face.

do us all a favor and don't vote for her. vote for obama.

I'd vote for Obama if I could. The posibility that Republicans may win again after Bush is scary. The Lieberman switch over to back Republicans was wierd. How does someone go for running for the post of a Democrat Vice President of a country and then switch to the opposition after their worst 8 years on record?

I think it's shameful that media digs into private life of candidates, the whole run up to elections has turned into a circus. I can't comprehend how someone can support "abstinence only" education. It shows politicians not addressing real issues and appealing to Religious minorities. It shows how out of touch these politicians really are with today's youth. I think teenagers need real education that will help them.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast