+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: obama.

sarah palin has a kid with downs syndrome!

i know many mothers of many children with special needs and i tell you they would never have the time or energy to run any kind of public office.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

[url]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/seth-grahamesmith/8-reasons-sarah-palin-is_b_123294.html[/url]
    I don't chase, I replace.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    sarah palin has a kid with downs syndrome!

i know many mothers of many children with special needs and i tell you they would never have the time or energy to run any kind of public office.
    She'll just carry her child around with her as a prop for some kind of political gain.
    Last edited by lesa; 04-09-08 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    She'll just carry her child around with her as a prop for some kind of political gain.
    Seriously, that poor baby. Shouldn't it be napping in a quiet room somewhere and not dragged around on every press junket these people go out on?
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

vote for obama.

The media circus around the elections and speeches from candiates (especially Republican) are getting more twisted and nastier. The actual policies are getting lost between the lines, the run down to elections is degenerating into who can scream the loudest and throw the most amount of dirt at the opponent. Truth is probably the main victim in all this. I don't understand why McCain is being promoted by Republicans as a master of change when he stands for exactly the same kind of policies supported by Bush.

Palin:
    "In politics, there are some candidates who use change to promote their careers," she said. "And then there are those, like John McCain, who use their careers to promote change."
    [url]http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7597218.stm[/url]

Will anyone call her out on it?

Perhaps most confusing speech was given by Mike Huckabee. In his own words:

On the first day of school in 2005, Martha Cothren, a teacher at Joe T Robinson High School in Little Rock, was determined that her students would not take their education or their privilege as Americans for granted.

With the principal's permission, she removed all the desks from her classroom on the first day of school, 2005. The students entered the empty room and asked, "Mrs Cothren, where are our desks?" "You get a desk in my classroom when you tell me how you earn it," she replied.

As the students filed in, Martha Cothren said, "Well, I didn't think you would figure it out, so I'm going to tell you."

Martha opened the door of her classroom. In walked 27 veterans, some wearing uniforms from years gone by, but each one carrying a school desk.

These brave veterans went halfway around the world, giving up their education and interrupting their careers and families so we could have the freedom we have.

As they carefully and quietly arranged the desks in neat rows, Martha said, "You don't have to earn your desks... these guys, they already did.

[url]http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7597261.stm[/url]

Mike forgot to mention how this bizarre story carefully scripted to promote McCain's Vietnam war experience, a war that was lost had to do with freedom experienced today and earning your desk in a school. There would have been plenty of freedom today if the Vietnam war was never started in the first place and there would probably be even more desks and even more schools if that war money was spent on education instead.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

I don't like Obama, He creeps me out.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

mccain and palin want to drill in alaska, theeeeeee last frontier that hasn't been raped by people, permanently killing wildlife in it's wake.

i don't like that.

vote for obama.

mccain and palin want to drill in alaska, theeeeeee last frontier that hasn't been raped by people, permanently killing wildlife in it's wake.

i don't like that.

vote for obama.
    LoL, I just signed the "drill in Alaska" web page. Drilling in a little area won't do crap and who the hell plans to live in Alaska?
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    LoL, I just signed the "drill in Alaska" web page. Drilling in a little area won't do crap and who the hell plans to live in Alaska?
    Not I!

And I'd definitely like to try to lower gas prices.
    I don't chase, I replace.

beings much better than slimeball humans live there.

alaska is better off without you guys anyway.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Alaska is eventually going to be drilled, either in the next 10 years or the next 40 years

Personally, I don't want to see it drilled until other oil reserves are used up

I want gas prices to keep rising, I would actually be very happy to see prices hit $9 or $10 a gallon because it will put the pressure on us to finally get serious about alternative energies. The thing about alternative energies is that it doesn't completely matter if the technology is all there or not, because it will take a national effort to replace gas stations with places to charge your car, and build a bunch of nuclear power plants

And then, at that point can we drill Alaska to ease the transition a little more slowly to alternative energies

The thing I really don't like about a lot of the Democrats is that they don't want to drill Alaska, but also don't want to build nuclear power plants, which is the answer. 1 way in which France is a great example to us is their energy. When the Middle East held them hostage with oil, unlike us, they built a bunch of nuclear power plants and now they are completely energy independent if I recall

Mayor Bloomberg for instance is mentally retarded. He wanted to put a windmill on every bridge or whatever in NY to generate power. What a fuccking RETARD, does he understand how impossible it would be to maintain structures like that built all over the damn place? Put them all in 1 fuccking place! Maybe we should all wear hats with little propellers at the top so we can generate out own individual energy too?

i agree i think it's time to look into something else.

you know that humans crossed the berring strait without cars. i'm pretty sure we can get by with less.

we can get by with less car dealers too. little evil demons they are.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My school use to have a department of nuclear engineering but got rid of it like 20 or 30 years ago. I want them to bring it back

1 of my friends dad from home was a nuclear engineer, I think he went to the US Naval Academy

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    I think McCain's choice in running mates helped Obama a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    Me too. And everytime I see her I want to give her a makeover. She looks like she's stuck in the '80's.
    I disagree. I think she's political gold. She was a brilliant choice for McCain, and I'm now worried about this election for the first time. Most of America is ready to embrace someone who makes them feel comfortable, like even they could become President someday if some overbreeding PTA hockey mom with 80's hair could do it. Look at George Bush, for crissakes. Clearly, half of us we don't want someone we can look up to.

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    ....Ron Paul would have made a difference....
    :stunned silence:

I don't like Obama, He creeps me out.
    That's just because he's black and we all know it. Jeeze, OV.

vote for obama.
    I'd do it ten times if I could get away with it. Vote early and often!
    Spammer Spanker

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast