+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I feel like/am a dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Well, maybe this will give you some compassion the next time someone starts acting like you're God's gift. It's never a waste if you learn something, right?
    This is true and does put things in perspective. I do feel bad about how I've treated girls in the past, ones that I knew loved me who I did not love back. It is slightly fitting that I am allowing myself to be treated this way. It happened years ago to me, and ever since I was the POS in the relationship. This is more or less a wake up call, though based on personal experience and nothing more, there always seems to be one person who is an asshole in the relationship. Never seems like any two people truly want the same things.
    BROKEN HEARTS ARE FOR ASSHOLES.

Okay, so in the last week and a half or so, things have been going extremely well with this girl. She hasn't been pulling all the cell phone bullshit and discussion of the ex has ceased. She's become the initiator of hanging out and of sex on a regular basis. Somehow I've even met her family already. That said, I still kind of get the feeling that I'm investing too much in this relationship. This is the first time that I've allowed myself to move past my brutally jaded view of relationships in years and it really concerns me.

As I noted when I started this thread, I am moving and the moving day has come. However, she told me last week that she wants to keep seeing me after I move and we already have about a week's worth of visits lined up. I constantly feel like I'm getting mixed signals from her though. I invite her to do something and she agrees, but then starts to act a little flaky. Then, though, she always follows through and accepts my invitations, but not until after she strings me along with the "maybes." Am I to interpret that as anything more than her having a little fun with me, or is she truly toying with me. I feel like she's frequently trying to leave me hanging on a limb, just to see how much I'll pursue her???

I'm not trying to take a strange turn here, but I am very close to my mother and we frequently discuss the details of my partying and sexual exploits. Not the gruesome details, but if I hook up with a girl she hears about it...it's not the typical mother/son relationship. But anyway, she sees how much I've fallen for this girl and was telling me yesterday that she can see that, with how much I talk about her and obviously like her and how this girl acts, that by continuing to sleep with her without truly knowing where I stand will soon result in me getting my heart broken again and will again result in my shutting down completely around women and once again treating them solely as objects instead of potential partners, as has been the case for 3 years or so now.

Really, I just want to know where I stand. We've been seeing each other for about 6 weeks now. Neither of us were employed during that time and literally spent almost all day every day together. We've done more dating and getting to know each other in the past month than I got out of 6 months with my last girlfriend.

So what I want to know is, is it too soon for me to ask her what we are? Are we a couple? Are we moving towards being a couple? Is there the potential for us to be a couple? I don't want to freak her out and be too upfront, but I also don't want to spend another month wondering what's going on while I continue to fall in love with this girl and then have her end what to her was simply FWB or maybe something that is only slightly more...So is it okay for me to ask her about this? And how should I word my primary question about where we stand?

Goddamn, that's just dirty pool...yet valid.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hahahaha... Neo's got your number, Hex.

Anyway, this gal is playing you. Both of you. In fact, you & Cain could be opposite sides of the same gal.

Listen to your gut, you know the deal. Have fun w/her, but don't get too invested b/c its not going anywhere longterm. Your mom knows and so do we. Mommy-radar is never wrong.

And for god's sake, make sure you wear a condom b/c I'm sure this gal has been (or still is) double-dipped.

Tho, if you think you might be ready for a serious relationship, why not dump this gal & find a nice girl who will respect you?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123