+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: most successful way to ask a girl out

most successful way to ask a girl out

people have told me "never say the word date" or "be direct" or " when you ask a girl out, dont put it in the form of a question." does any of this really make a difference, or is it just a load of BS.

if all of this does matter, what do you think is the best way to ask a girl out to the movies?

Ask her for coffee or a common activity (Tennis) and she will volunteer her number. Thats indirect way.

Quote Originally Posted by JShadows View Post
    "never say the word date"
    If you just met the girl, no. But if this is someone you know, you need to make sure you mention the word date otherwise she might think you're going just as friends.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Most girls (normal girls that is) like straight forward guys... less drama the better

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Make a joke of it. I don't think I've ever been turned down by a girl I made laugh.

You might try something simple like asking her what her favorite food is. Try to intentionally get your timing off so she'll want to know why you're asking. Then you smile and say, "So I know where to take you when we go out Friday night." If you can spit that out without coming off as a complete dope you've pretty much sealed the deal.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

I think any strategy will do. Actually it really depends on the girl.
    If she like you then she will go with you but if not then the girl frankly tell you that he doesn't like you o maybe she will just use any alibi so that you and her won't go on date.

one more thing, i dont know if she has a bf. if she sais that she does or that she cant go, what should i say. should i ask if there is anyother time she could go or just drop the idea of going on a date with her? also should i be specific and ask if she can go on saturday, or should i ask if she can go to the movies sometime this weekend?

Don't be pushy.

If she says that she has a bf, move on.

If she says she can't go, just ask her when she would be available. But don't make it seem like you have nothing else to do except wait for her.

can you give me an example cain. please.

Quote Originally Posted by JShadows View Post
    can you give me an example cain. please.
    It's not that hard. Do you not have any experience?

The answer you give her depends on what she says, and I can't come up with every possible response from her.

But if she says that she won't be available, just ask her when she'd be free. But don't act desperate. The tone and what you say will convey that.

Rule #1 : Don't over think.
    Rule #2 : React quickly
    Rule #3 : There is no rules.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by littlewing View Post
    Most girls (normal girls that is) like straight forward guys... less drama the better
    Exactly!! I'd rather have a guy be direct than trying to decifer and asking myself, Did he just ask me out or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    Make a joke of it. I don't think I've ever been turned down by a girl I made laugh.

You might try something simple like asking her what her favorite food is. Try to intentionally get your timing off so she'll want to know why you're asking. Then you smile and say, "So I know where to take you when we go out Friday night." If you can spit that out without coming off as a complete dope you've pretty much sealed the deal.
    That's soo cute, that would definately bring a smile to my face .

When I am at school and its almost lunch time...I interrupt the conversation and say, "Hey, I'm hungry lets finish our conversation over lunch, its on me". Works for me and it works more if your a funny guy, not goofy, but funny.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

"Hey"
    "Hey.......what are you staring at like that hehe?"
    "You"
    "Why?"
    "I'm thinking"
    "Of what?"
    "The right thing to say but nothing comes to mind except to simply ask you for some time and a date"
    "Than ask me out"
    "I think I just did"
    "Where are we going on our date? *smile*"

Conversation my Cousin had with a girl not to long ago, he remembered it word for word and told me. I thought it was weird enough to remember it. lol he is seeing her now.

I can't seem to get "that" spark with a girl anymore myself. Is there something wrong with me or has life and luck completely abandoned me?
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

I like Gribble's approach. Humor is always a good thing.

I just want to say that you SHOULD mention the word "date" if there is even the slightest possibility that the girl may think you are only friends.
    Last edited by shh!; 05-09-08 at 11:31 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast