+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Affection

Affection

How much dose it mean to you?

What would you rate it on a scale of 1 to 10?
    TJ the µß3R Trance Junkie

Between 7-10, depending on the time of day and how my day went.
    Affection has to be high to survive all the years that you'll be spending together, and when kids come into the picture, I'll need a lot of it from the two of you, so that they can see how you both treat other and then your devoted to them and whatever they do.
    Don't blame them with their mistakes, they learn better when they've done them and what kind of consequences it'll have in the long run.

" Nothing is a waste of time, if you use the experience wisely."
    => Auguste Rodin

I would rate it a 10. It is a must. If there is no affection then there is no relationship, all you have is a friendship.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wigglz View Post
    I would rate it a 10. It is a must. If there is no affection then there is no relationship, all you have is a friendship.
    I agree. I would rate it a 9 as far as relationships go. I have plenty of friends, I am looking for a loving girlfriend. I would reserve 10 for things like safety and honesty though.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

I don't know. I'm not a very affectionate person lol so I will rate it 9 since a 9 is a lot for me . Attraction is a 10+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I'd rate it pretty high. My ex's parents showed zero affection towards each other. I dated her for about a year and a half and I always thought it was a little odd. I can't once remember seeing them even hugging. They seemed very distant to everyone, trying to talk to them was very uncomfortable to be honest.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm about the least affectionate person on the planet. So... I guess it's around a 1-2 for me.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    Attraction is a 10+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    You're so shallow!

Me and my gf was haveing a little tiss up a few days ago about everything. I brought up the subject of her not showing any affection and said to her that without affection all we have is a friendship. She kinda woke up and when we met up again she was showing a lot more affection. Before it was a 1 now its at about 6ish coming from her. I'm glad that I brought up the subject cus she would only kiss me goodbye. Now I get random kisses WOOT!!
    Last edited by Mr Wigglz; 08-09-08 at 06:38 AM. Reason: need 2 lrn to proof read

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    You're so shallow!
    Yeah it does sound like that. What I mean is a very strong connection or desire for a person. I don't mean attraction as in looks. I found that the more attraction (desire or connection...whatever you want to call it) you have for another the more you want to stay (interested) in the person. When attraction is low you basically desire the person less too.

When I read these guys posting that they have a wife or husband but have an attraction (desire/connection) for another person they lost or have very little attraction for their spouse...I don't want my significant other to lose that attraction for me because they may find any reason to leave at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    Yeah it does sound like that. What I mean is a very strong connection or desire for a person. I don't mean attraction as in looks. I found that the more attraction (desire or connection...whatever you want to call it) you have for another the more you want to stay (interested) in the person. When attraction is low you basically desire the person less too.

When I read these guys posting that they have a wife or husband but have an attraction (desire/connection) for another person they lost or have very little attraction for their spouse...I don't want my significant other to lose that attraction for me because they may find any reason to leave at that time.
    Cool, I was being sarcastic though with the shallow thing...I have been called that so much unfairly that I just couldn't help myself here but to do it to someone else. lol

Tedel Guest
    I must admit I am this affectionate...

...or more. Latin passion, they call it.

Affection is necessary so I rate it a 10. Not constantly, but enough to keep us both satisfied so that no one nags about lack of affection or whatever. If I feel a lack of affection, then I would think that the person is losing interest in me, specifically if there was alot of affection at first.