+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My ex is (probably) a sociopath

My ex is (probably) a sociopath

Her character traits match up pretty well with everything I've read on the web about sociopaths. Out of an 18 item check list she matches up perfectly with 15 of them. We had a child together. She is now about to start a relationship with someone else. She is the primary carer for our child although I'm going to be looking after him for two full days and three nights each week. My concern is that (going by past relationship lengths) she will introduce our boy to around 5 'fathers' before he leaves school. She is impulsive and although I only moved out a week ago (and still own half the mortgage) she is already trying to persuade him to move in with her (and leave his own wife and two children) - which is looking extremely likely. I feel there isn't a great deal I can do apart from care for our son as much as possible during the time I have with him and remain polite with her and future boyfriends. It's her life and not something I have any control over - particularly considering her (suspected) condition. Is this a defeatist attitude and is there more I should be doing?
    Last edited by AndrewUK; 04-09-08 at 08:10 PM.

you're dating a 16 year old and you're worried about the example she's setting?

you are both crazy.

what is that vashhh says again? if you're crazy your spouse is not too far behind...
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Ok I'm out of here. Maybe another forum won't have such antagonistic members who obviously have nothing better to do than insult those who genuinly seek advice. Please take my advice and don't bothing trying to offer it to others in future.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewUK View Post
    Ok I'm out of here. Maybe another forum won't have such antagonistic members who obviously have nothing better to do than insult those who genuinly seek advice. Please take my advice and don't bothing trying to offer it to others in future.
    We are giving you advice.

Find someone that isn't a child.
    I don't chase, I replace.

If a 44 year old tried to date my daughter who is 16 he would not see the light of another day after I found out. How is that for advice?
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."