+ Follow This Topic

Thread: i need cell phone expertise.

i need cell phone expertise.

so my phone is broken down and i'm currently looking for a RELIABLE phone.

suggestions?

here's what i'm looking for:

inexpensive
    simple, nothing fancy
    speakerphone is a must
    nothing that's going to break down in less than a year.
    oh, and i would really like to keep my current number. my cell phone is a business phone as well.

okay, go...
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Try one of those Nokia non-flip phones with a speakerphone feature. I literally dropped that phone from standing heights, in water, etc. several times and it keeps going and going.

I still have it but don't use it because I am under a different phone carrier and I wanted more features.

I have other people say the exact same thing about the Nokia non-flip phones.

EDIT: anachronistic, not me. The cheapest phone are sometimes the best. I paid about $20 for that phone. It's less now.

verizon is too expensive.

i would exceed the 450 minute limit in a week.

non flip phones huh? i've had one of those before and it didn't break down. that was a long time ago.

i did the fancy thing. in fact i spent about 200 on the phone i have now that's broken. i bought the bluetooth thing and it has a camera and all kinds of other fancy shit. i don't use any of it. i use speakerphone, that's it.

I have Verizon and I think it actually saves me money because so many other people are using it and we all talk for free, even long distance.

I have a Casio G'z One phone and I love it. It's really rugged so it doesn't break when I drop it. Very important.
    Spammer Spanker

I got a HTC Touch, and really proud of the reception and features that it has.

LG Chocolate Spin $50 is a pretty decent phone that you can rely on.

Depends what type of plan ( 1 or 2 year ), that you want to have with this phone and you can choose which one to get.

P.S. What you need to do is, go to the store and try out the phones to see which one suits you best or go online and read the reviews about each phone.

" Nothing is a waste of time, if you use the experience wisely."
    => Auguste Rodin

thanks.

i don't know if people have verizon. i talk to a million people a day. i don't like plans and contracts though either.

how do you get good online reviews without it being a bunch of advertisements...?

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    thanks.

i don't know if people have verizon. i talk to a million people a day. i don't like plans and contracts though either.

how do you get good online reviews without it being a bunch of advertisements...?
    Epinions is a reputable site the last time I checked (which was a while ago I have to admit). Amazon, too, seems to have some pretty honest reviews.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

so my phone just made a miraculous recovery.

i had it in my bag along with the charger to take it back where it came from. then it rang. then i answered it. it's been working for like 10 minutes or something like that.

it lost charge last night and i think it doesn't like running out of charge.

i'll probably still have to get one eventually though.

You might just have to replace the battery. Sometimes they lose the power to hold a charge if they've been over-juiced too much.
    Spammer Spanker

Go to [url]www.letstalk.com[/url].
    I don't chase, I replace.

I've used my Nokia 5500 for about two years now and it works perfectly well. Not the fanciest thing you can get, but using it as an mp3/sporting measurements/gps suits my needs. Built to be shock resistant and water resistant, had a minor issue of the plastic layer covering the keys coming off, but Im not too fussed about its appearance.

Not sure what the price might have dropped to by now though. Here are the full details.

[url]http://europe.nokia.com/A4164325[/url]

My bf was going to throw away his phone and get another until I recommended going on ebay and buying a OEM battery on Ebay-$2 includes S&H. I rarely buy stuff like that in stores as they inflate the prices too much to cover their expenses.
    Last edited by lesa; 05-09-08 at 06:57 AM.