+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Endometriosis

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    all medicine is based on the natural world.

i dont really understand that bit, maybe your talking about when something natural is discovered to be good for some ailment...a lot of the time pharma companies dont care whats good for what...they are trying to ban natural health supplements at the moment...ridiculous....infact i get the impression they use us humans as guinea pigs...a lot of the drugs out there mask the problem not cure it and infact can lead to more serious problems due to taking the deadly drugs in the first place...which of course means more drugs to prescribe and more profits for them..before the 50's we didnt have the same health problems we do now...infact pharma companies go as far as making up diseases and conditions to sell a drug.....anyway sorry to rant but i hate to hear about anyone suffering....starbuck i hope u find something that will help you

I think you are going a wee bit over the deep end, eco. Balance is the key.

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    I think you are going a wee bit over the deep end, eco. Balance is the key.
    haha well i DID say sorry for the rant...i just had to say it at that moment...it just rolled out of me....sorry .

i'll save the full point of view for another day, another thread ...thats relevant
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 05-09-08 at 10:58 PM.

talk to an herb doctor.

i wouldn't ever put those pills in myself.

an herb doctor can help you.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    talk to an herb doctor.

i wouldn't ever put those pills in myself.

an herb doctor can help you.
    I want to go to an herbalist, but I'm very torn. My physician is the one who found my endo in the first place, so I do trust him. My sister had gone undiagnosed for years, having doctors tell her that it was stomach problems, irritable bowel syndrome, etc., Her docs finally caught it in her before she lost one of her fallopian tubes. The endo can actually fuse organs together, causing major problems with fertility. Basically, I told him about my pain, told my him about my family history, and the first thing out of his mouth was endo.

I think that is one of the reasons they put women with endo on the pill. To preserve fertility. I just really don't want to take them. The side effects, ugh. I've been feeling so good lately, I don't want to rock the boat.
    Last edited by starbuck; 06-09-08 at 01:13 AM.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Endometriosis is supposedly caused by an excessive amount of estrogen which causes uterine tissue to accumulate outside the uterus. The reason they want to put you on the pill is because the hormones in BCP counteract estrogen.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I kind of know what you're going through....I don't have endometriosis, but another condition called polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). My doctor put me on birth control to curb it when I was 16, and I took it faithfully for ten years before going off of it. Just didn't like the idea of putting extra hormone in my body.

I tried going back on it last year, and the results were horrible. Weight gain, and a constant feeling of extreme hunger that couldn't even be satiated by eating. It kept me up at night. I went off it, and have vowed off it since. I am looking into natural ways to control my PCOS because it needs to be treated....it's very painful, and it could cause me to become infertile.

The pill seems to be fine for younger people, but all of my friends eventually went off it as they got older and found their bodies reacted to it so much more than when they were younger.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    I tried going back on it last year, and the results were horrible. Weight gain, and a constant feeling of extreme hunger that couldn't even be satiated by eating. It kept me up at night. I went off it, and have vowed off it since. I am looking into natural ways to control my PCOS because it needs to be treated....it's very painful, and it could cause me to become infertile.

The pill seems to be fine for younger people, but all of my friends eventually went off it as they got older and found their bodies reacted to it so much more than when they were younger.
    Yes! I got that excruciating hunger, too! I was voracious all the time. And so depressed and cranky. PCOS sounds similar to endo in that it can also be very painful if untreated and can cause infertility. I feel for you Blue. I wouldn't wish this kind of thing on my worst enemy.

I think I need to see a homeopath.
    Last edited by starbuck; 06-09-08 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    I want to go to an herbalist, but I'm very torn. My physician is the one who found my endo in the first place, so I do trust him. My sister had gone undiagnosed for years, having doctors tell her that it was stomach problems, irritable bowel syndrome, etc., Her docs finally caught it in her before she lost one of her fallopian tubes. The endo can actually fuse organs together, causing major problems with fertility. Basically, I told him about my pain, told my him about my family history, and the first thing out of his mouth was endo.

I think that is one of the reasons they put women with endo on the pill. To preserve fertility. I just really don't want to take them. The side effects, ugh. I've been feeling so good lately, I don't want to rock the boat.
    you don't have to stop seeing your physician to see the herb Dr..

you don't have to stop seeing your physician to see the herb Dr..
    True, but I feel like my physician is still going to tell me to go on the BCPs

my doctor actually recommended i do that. she was really nice about trying to figure something else out in lieu of taking bc pills. i don't have endometriosis but the goddess wasn't coming on a regular basis. the herbs have actually worked. i don't even take them anymore and i'm better so far.

...and you can do both. i don't think there would be anything wrong with doing both treatments at the same time.

my doctor actually recommended i do that. she was really nice about trying to figure something else out in lieu of taking bc pills. i don't have endometriosis but the goddess wasn't coming on a regular basis. the herbs have actually worked. i don't even take them anymore and i'm better so far.
    That's good that she did. I wish my doc had suggested alternatives, but he really did seem adamant about pushing me on the pill.

I'm just going to take matters into my own hands and go see one. I can't deal with that cranky, bloated, hungry, sweaty, hot-flashy, depressed version of myself again.

Certain herbs may help greatly but can be controversial and many physicians cannot/will not recommend them because of the lack of evidence based medical info on them.

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    Certain herbs may help greatly but can be controversial and many physicians cannot/will not recommend them because of the lack of evidence based medical info on them.

um, you're wrong.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast