+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Endometriosis

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    Meh, like 10% of the world's population of women have this.
    Wow, you make it sound like having a pimple, OV. Are you saying it's no big deal because so many women have it?

It's a freaking disease, and it's painful, and can have serious consequences (fertility-wise). It's a big deal to a person who has it.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by anachronistic View Post
    To help you guys notice and get the thread back on topic. Why else? I mean, you are not only wasting a perfectly good thread, but your own time as well.
    Thank you so much for telling me that this thread was off topic. I never would have figured out such a thing on my own.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think most of these posts should be deleted for not just being off-topic, but in many cases also completely moronic.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    Wow, you make it sound like having a pimple, OV. Are you saying it's no big deal because so many women have it?

It's a freaking disease, and it's painful, and can have serious consequences (fertility-wise). It's a big deal to a person who has it.
    Thank you, Blue.

The symptoms of it can be quite severe. Intense pelvic pain, back pain, painful periods, painful sex, headaches, nausea, and fatigue to name a few. It also mimics many other conditions so it's very hard for doctors to diagnose.

I don't think have as much pain as alot of women with it report, but I do have fatigue and nausea. It can definitely be frustrating. Sometimes I feel like my friends think I'm faking when I tell them I'm too tired to go out with them. I've had to miss days of work because I was in too much pain. It's not like the kind of thing you can just explain easily to a boss.

Actually I just read today that scientists have discovered an enzyme that might be responsible for it, which is giving me hope that there may be a cure in sight.

In case anyone besides me is interested in reading it, the article is here:

[URL="http://www.innovations-report.de/html/berichte/biowissenschaften_chemie/scientists_identify_endometriosis_115495.html"]http://www.innovations-report.de/html/berichte/biowissenschaften_chemie/scientists_identify_endometriosis_115495.html[/URL]
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

If telomerase is the issue then ask your physician about the plant Turmeric.

When I think about it, an issue with the telomere does sound like it can cause endometriosis since the tissue is rapidly growing and then 'destroyed'.
    Last edited by lesa; 07-09-08 at 07:24 AM.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Bluesummer are you aware that your avatar looks like a pair of colourful lips with a cold sore?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    Bluesummer are you aware that your avatar looks like a pair of colourful lips with a cold sore?
    lol! ye it does haha
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    I think most of these posts should be deleted for not just being off-topic, but in many cases also completely moronic.
    Sort of like your post right here.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That was the most unoriginal response, OV, but thanks for putting out the effort.

Oh, and I never saw my avatar that way. Oh well. I like it.

Starbuck, I'd been told for years the only way to treat my PCOS was with BCPs. then I met another girl, a friend of my bf's, who's doctor has started treating her with Metformin, which was traditionally used for something else, which is cool because I don't use BCPs anymore. Just goes to show there's always alternative solutions out there, you just have to talk to the right doctor.

hmmmmmmm. metformin is used for diabetics to control blood glucose levels.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah, I really want to ask my doc how it works, because I don't know how safe it is to be playing with my blood glucose.

either way you're messing with your hormones.

Metformin also reduces production of testosterone and encourages normal menstruation.

interesting...

i've been considering ditching law school to go to med school.

I'm trying to talk my boy into pharmacy school.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast