+ Follow This Topic
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Endometriosis

Starbuck have you tried alternate therapies at all?

I think if I was in your situation with the adverse side effects from the pill I would look into: naturopathy, homoeopathy, acupuncture etc.

Maybe I'm just weird, but I'll always look use westernized medicine over holistic.
    I don't chase, I replace.

This reminds me - an I think I posted it before - but my physician told me if alternative medicine worked, it would be called medicine.

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    This reminds me - an I think I posted it before - but my physician told me if alternative medicine worked, it would be called medicine.
    These are times when I'm glad I'm going into nursing since we learn about a lot of these "alternative medicines" and the cultures that believe in them. It's also funny that we have to learn about the other cultures, even the ones that believe in alternative medicine, because they eventually come to us for westernized medicinal care.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    These are times when I'm glad I'm going into nursing since we learn about a lot of these "alternative medicines" and the cultures that believe in them. It's also funny that we have to learn about the other cultures, even the ones that believe in alternative medicine, because they eventually come to us for westernized medicinal care.
    ...and sometimes we eventually seek alternative medicine.

Ok I get the point but what she is saying is that "western" medicine i.e. the pill is not working for her. I think it is being too dismissive to totally rule out alternate therapies. I have a friend who swears by acupuncture for example. I have never had it but I am not going to say it doesn't work either.

I think a healthy balance and an open mind is crucial.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasein View Post
    Starbuck have you tried alternate therapies at all?

I think if I was in your situation with the adverse side effects from the pill I would look into: naturopathy, homoeopathy, acupuncture etc.
    I haven't tried any alternative therapies yet. I want to though. Unfortunately, my job is fairly demanding with long hours (sometimes), and I have alot of trouble getting out of the office for extra appointments.

Right now, my pain is not bothering me. The fatigue is the worst for me. Last night I was out at dinner with a vendor and by 8:00 pm I felt like I was ready to drop. Maybe it was because I had been up since 5:00 in the morning, or maybe it was the "mystery martinis," but I don't think this seems normal. My energy level just seems to be too low at night, but maybe my expectations are unrealistically high?

Does acupuncture help with energy? I've always wanted to try that.
    Last edited by starbuck; 11-09-08 at 05:53 PM.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What is your job starbuck?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    What is your job starbuck?
    I'm an art director who works in the fashion industry.

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post

Does acupuncture help with energy? I've always wanted to try that.
    ginseng organic tea...that should give you a boost of energy
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    ginseng organic tea...that should give you a boost of energy
    I guess I need to order ginseng tea martinis

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    I guess I need to order ginseng tea martinis
    ye i like it! good plan
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

but it is called medicine lol.

eastern medicine was around long before western medicine. a lot of western medicine was derived from eastern medicine actually.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    but it is called medicine lol.

eastern medicine was around long before western medicine. a lot of western medicine was derived from eastern medicine actually.
    Yeah, I know. I still thought it was funny, even if I don't take as hard a line about medicine as Cain does.

since my friend is in acupuncture school i have taken much interest in eastern medicine. particularly the history and theory of it all.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast