+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: whats your point of view?

whats your point of view?

Right people I’d like to see what your point of view on a few topics are…they are all interrelated. I’d be interested to know the American and other points of view…..

1) How do you feel about voting machines? Do you know anything about them?

2) How do you feel about pharmaceutical companies?

3) Have you ever managed to see the film ‘The Corporation?’ its banned in America as far as I know but im sure some people would have managed to see it

4) What do you think of corporations…good….bad …apathetic?

5) How do you feel about climate change? Is oil more/less important to u?

6) Do you have a belief system unique to you?…as in a bit of this and a bit of that….

7) Are you optimistic for the future?

8) Do you conform or campaign?

9) Do you know of any of Ron Pauls ideas for change? Did you care?

Me?
    1) don’t like them…they risk taking away democracy: ….. The Washington Post characterised Hagel’s election in 1996 as the biggest upset of the election season. At the time, voters did not know that he owned and had held key positions with the company that counted his votes. But is it improper for a candidate to have ties with voting machine companies?
    2) hate them for so many reasons
    3) yes eye-opener to ‘who’ you’re really working for…..any corporation is considered a ‘person’ legally.
    4) I am scared of them…btw corporations own the voting machines. Think about Enron…smart guys ye? Why are people not questioning more?
    5) I’m concerned…alternative energy….i want an electric car, I want wind power in my house…at the moment I cant afford it but soon I will
    6) I believe in freedom of speech and I believe in God.
    7) Very…I’ll never give up
    8) I campaign.... in my way…I question everything
    9) Yep most of them…..I cared deeply….he would have changed the world

Tell me……what do you think of each one of these topics?
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 06-09-08 at 12:48 AM.

Are you a conspiracy theorist?

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    Are you a conspiracy theorist?
    no haha i just question things that need to be questioned...do u have a point of view at all?

Of course I have opinions, but you asked too many questions for there to be any meaningful conversation to occur. I will say that I think Ron Paul is to the conservatives what that idiot Ralph Nader was to the liberals back in 2000.

I'm curious as to why everyone is so against pharmaceutical companies.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Quote Originally Posted by anachronistic View Post
    I am against all things corporate.
    Eh, whatever.

I think the hatred for these things is a bit absurd. When I begin to make money and start investing, I'll be forming my own corporation simply to protect my income and my assets.

If it's something that you can't change, learn to make it work for you.

I couldn't really care any less for these questions. America runs on corporation, you can hate them all you want but it is people like you who feed them.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

My point of view is that I wish these topics were broken up into different threads
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Yes I don’t base my opinions on movies either..’The corporation’ was a film I rented by accident one night...i thought i was renting a comedy... but it shocked me, it had another 6-8hrs of interviews on an additional dvd in the box. I thought It wasn’t true. I went to the book shops and read up, looked up on the internet information on companies and lots of other people….articles in newspapers.....it was a seed…that was all.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    Eh, whatever.

I think the hatred for these things is a bit absurd. When I begin to make money and start investing, I'll be forming my own corporation simply to protect my income and my assets.

If it's something that you can't change, learn to make it work for you.
    I agree.

You can't blame corporations for everyone not having a perfect life. Corporations are what make this country as strong and powerful as it is. I know from personal experience and speaking with plenty of people in the defense industry that there are lots and lots of jobs because of large corporations in that industry. A lot of it has to do with our presence in Iraq. The U.S. contractors are making money, they need more people, which means more jobs for people. That's not to say there isn't bad corporations. But you can't say all corporations are bad and should be removed. I'm sorry but that would cause havok. It may work in theory, but communism or anarchism were supposed to also.

Ever heard of capitalism? Supply and demand? That's how America works, people need or want something there is more demand, which means they can increase their prices.

Get a good education, which will lead to a well paying and stable job. Invest money in safe places and you have yourself a good life. Not everyone can be a millionaire or billionaire. But everyone has the opportunity to have a good life. If people that live in the slums of the cities can do it. There's no reason someone that was raised in a better environment with more opportunities presented to them shouldn't.
    Last edited by 1averagejoe; 06-09-08 at 04:15 AM.

I am against all things corporate.
    So what is your alternative?

As for myself. I've been thinking about anarchism since I was 7 years old. Now i can clearly say that there is no pure anarchism, one can't even imagine such thing. But I've been looking quite some systems for anarcho society, and I have come to conclusion there can't be 100% working system. Hey, every system has flaws. Anyway, there shouldn't be any formal system. Of course there would be huge downgrade, but that is just the question of moral and setting our goals.
    You would think that there will always be wars, maybe yes, but there have been and still are cultures that are totally peaceful. Some gatherers in many continents. And anarchist society? It is interesting to read a bit of Mahno.

However. I am not particulary against corporation itself. But just the attitude, all that waste and at the end of all that effort and income, I don't see a point anymore. Everything must look superb etc, wtf?

I know, I would probably think very differently if I weren't born in worker family. That makes me wonder, is there such thing as right, who is right?
    Last edited by boobaa; 06-09-08 at 04:54 AM.
    Don't expect anything.

I've noticed that most of the people that are anti-corporation are the ones that are jealous of the rich.

Exactly. Thats caused by lifestandards where you grow. Everyones emotions come from their surroundings, rich people included. Thats why there was a question: who is right?
    Don't expect anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    I've noticed that most of the people that are anti-corporation are the ones that are jealous of the rich.
    agreed.

I am against corporations, because of their missions, how they function, the things they stand for, everything. I hate it all! It is a very poor way to operate things. The idea of 'corporation' does have potential, and I recognize that, but right now, you know, things are just shit. Absolute shit.
    What missions? How they try to profit? How they function? It's a business, what do you expect? Do you expect them to be just a building with people that sit in there and are happy? Someone has to do work, the world has to go round somehow.

The things they stand for? What things? Elaborate? The only thing I see they stand for would be to increase a companies profit. Which would translate to more jobs for people. Don't see much of what's wrong with that. That's not to say there isn't corruption in some of the people that lead these companies, for example Enron. But all your statements have no facts to back them up.

Why do you say things are shit? Because people get laid off and lose there jobs? Well that's how businesses work. Companies fail, the economy swings and right now it is because of the falling dollar. That can't be blamed on the corporations. A company can't keep employs if they're losing money. The idea behind a company is to make money, if it doesn't it has to let people go. It's that simple.

So what do you propose be done since things are so shitty? Because as far as I'm aware there really isn't much you can do. Should we become a communist country? That will make everything fair for everyone, right? Especially those people that spent years in college working their asses off to get Ph.D's.

Like I said previously, corporations are what make this country one of the strongest and powerful countries in the world.

i used to work for a corporation...infact i adored working there...and no its not the poor that are jealous....it has nothing to do with jealousy.... the thing is.. its always a good idea to have a perspective on things......you come into this world with nothing and you leave with nothing....u can't take your profits with you....why is it we let establishments and coporations decide for profit and not for people...profit....is that so important?....what about all the corporations and the trouble they get into....is it moral...is it ethical....maybe that doesnt matter?
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 06-09-08 at 06:21 AM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast