+ Follow This Topic

Thread: This Girl Is Out Of My League

This Girl Is Out Of My League

Hi everyone, I am a soph in college, and seem to have an intriguing situation, a good one at that.

I have always been very social with girls, but as I am not incredibly attractive, I am always the one starting the conversation. Once they get to know me, we become friends, but it is up to me to start the convo with them, because Im not great eye candy.

Regardless, I have no trouble talking to females.

However, I recently met a girl who, for the first time as far back as I can remember, started the conversation.

But the way she acts makes me think she is really into me. Im not 100% sure, and so thats why Im here.

I see this girl very infrequently, just passing by, but when I do.....

-She always has a bright smile and says hello
    -She playfully touches me in conversation
    -She pokes fun at me, playfully - stuff to make us both laugh
    -She asks about me a lot, so much so that I havent had the chance to ask about her (things like where I went to HS, what Im studying etc)

Couple things:

1)She has a BF back home. She never brought it up in convo, I saw it on facebook.

2) I am uncertain about this, because she is out of my league, WAY out.

I appreciate any replies, I really hope this girl is into me....but who knows....

So I guess my question is 3 fold:

1) From what I have described, is she into me?

2) Why would she flirt with me, if she already has a BF (she doesn't flirt with other guys that I know of)

3) This girl is legit out of my leauge, am I just lucky here?

Thanks!

1) From what I have described, is she into me?
    Well, she seems to like your personality and your probably easy to talk too.

2) Why would she flirt with me, if she already has a BF (she doesn't flirt with other guys that I know of)
    Maybe it's a friendly type of flirting.

3) This girl is legit out of my leauge, am I just lucky here?
    There's no girl that is out of your league, you just make yourself feel like your less important than someone that is better looking.
    Attraction can be through personality as well, if your comfortable talking to each
    other, then it'll be a lot easier to be in a relationship when things get serious.

Well, If you have doubts about where this is headed, then why not just ask her, if you think she considers you a friend
    and why she's acting like that.... you could probably get the hints, but might be useful to hear her point of view.
    Last edited by Kromat; 07-09-08 at 04:41 AM.

" Nothing is a waste of time, if you use the experience wisely."
    => Auguste Rodin

OP, I don't think you should berate yourself by saying that a girl is "out of your league." You probably have alot of good qualities to give to any girl out there. Girls aren't perfect creatures. We are all human. And most girls I know are just looking for a nice guy.

I honestly don't know if the girl in question is into you or not. There's only one way to find out...ask her out!

Let us know how it goes.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    And most girls I know are just looking for a nice guy.
    A nice guy with a McLaren. Oh, and a gigantic trouser snake.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

What you need to say after she asks a question is "how about yourself?" She might ask you many questions but in order to get anywhere, you need to show her that you are interested in her by asking questions regarding her life. Maybe you can somehow get her to go to a cafe or coffee shop with you for lunch so that you can talk easily with her. Going to lunch doesn't necessarily have to be a date if you are worried about asking her.

Touching can be part of a girl's personality but the fact that she asks you a lot of questions kind of says something to me personally, I would definitely pursue her. There is no girl out of anyone's league as long as you have confidence. Even the prettiest girls can't find a boyfriend because guys have the same thinking as you. Also if a girl doesn't seem interested, she would have already mentioned a boyfriend. Who knows, maybe she recently broke up with him and didn't update her facebook or she is looking to escape from him. Hard to say really, do some investigating, good luck to you!

This title is stupid. I have yet to meet a bitch that can match my league.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    This title is stupid. I have yet to meet a bitch that can match my league.
    A girl out of your league, just means, that you missed your chance to seize an opportunity.
    It'll help you increase your confidence and then your faced with this situation in the future, you won't hesitate.

Try risks, and don't care, If you make an ass out of yourself.
    Don't let their attitude phase you, just be yourself and know that they don't know you to make such assumptions.
    Your their to treat them well, and give them a good time, and If they're still not accepting,
    just tell them that they're missing out, and some other girl will enjoy your company.

=> Auguste Rodin

A girl is only out of one's league if thinking makes it so.

Quote Originally Posted by Off2College View Post
    I don't let it get to my head, and just go talk to her and enjoy myself and the company.

=> Auguste Rodin

OP if you think the girl is out of your league, then she is. You can't think like that. it suggests a low opinion of yourself.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Off2College View Post

I was going to say the exact same thing.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Women aren't as shallow when it comes to looks. I know I've dated some guys that people said were not in MY league....but why would I turn down dating a nice, fun guy just because he's not everybody's idea of prince charming?
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Usually the guys who don't look so hot are the the funniest and most interesting. After all, they can't just sit on their laurels and attract mates.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein