+ Follow This Topic
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: It's time to grow up, guys!

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Being an independent woman, I have no use for momma's boys that live at home. I've been living on my own and paying my own bills since I was 19 years old, so a guy that tells me his sorry ass is still living with his parents has no chance. It tells me he's too scared to be a man, and has no sense of responsibility.

I agree with waiting until older to get married these days because I think people should have more life experience and relationship experience before marrying and raising a family. So not being 'successful' at thirty just doesn't have the same connotations it did in 1960. Thirty is the new 20. I'm almost thirty and I've gone back to school, like a lot of my friends. But I've travelled, I've been through some very life-altering relationships, and finally figured out what I want to do as a career for the rest of my life.

A lot of women I know make more than their husbands, and I know a lot of stay-at-home dads. Nothing wrong with it. Most of the guys are very happy with the arrangement, I think more men would have done it had it been 'socially acceptable' but it really hasn't been until now. Being that women are becoming more successful though, they are less inclined to date underachieving, slovenly men with no real goals or drive....or machismo dickheads that are living in a timewarp that still think men are superior to women and think they should be the 'breadwinners' of the family.

As for OV, I just read his posts and pity him because of this: sure he may get ass (so he SAYS), but he obviously isn't getting any quality, and he's also not getting anyone who gives a shit about him. If he equates all women to the retarded whores he screws, which is his only experience with women, of course that's all he knows.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    Being an independent woman, I have no use for momma's boys that live at home. I've been living on my own and paying my own bills since I was 19 years old, so a guy that tells me his sorry ass is still living with his parents has no chance. It tells me he's too scared to be a man, and has no sense of responsibility.
    I'm 22 and I live with my mother. But I'm in college and she just started back in college again too. She can't afford all of the bills she has and I can't afford my own place and to help her, so I live here while I'm in school and pay some of the bills. I don't think that's pathetic. I think being done with school and choosing to live with your parents is.
    I don't chase, I replace.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Schools and businesses have spent the last what, 20 or 30 years trying to get as many women as possible instead of men in fields like engineering, math, science, and medical schools by giving them huge preferences, as well as society spending the same amount of time giving them all the moral support they could have asked for

Check out this bullshit

[url]http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20080825/sc_livescience/surveywomenleaderssmartermorehonest[/url]

Look at the 2nd paragraph, they say although women are rated as smarter and more honest, they are still considered better leaders by ONLY A MERE 6 percent, as if it should be double or triple that

But even more bias is, if the surveys said people thought men were smarter and more honest leaders, the author of the article would be crying about how backwards and sexist and machismo society is. Now that people are saying women are better leaders, that's just so great and forwards thinking! But we are still a little slow for thinking women are better leaders because only 6% MORE people feel this way!

It's like some other article I read about how women now outnumber men in medical school after decades of trying to do this. The article said something like "Now that women outnumber men by this much in medical school, is this reason to applaud, or not?"

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    That makes no sense. If women can find a way to keep and hold jobs, why can't a man?
    Besides what DoesntMatter posted.
    If she has good looks. She more likely to get hired and get sympathy from employers.
    (. .)

EDIT: And if you're referring to men staying at home with their parents, I still think that's rather pitiful. If you've got a job and aren't in school, you shouldn't be living with your parents... unless they aren't able to take care of themselves.
    I'm 22 and I live with my mother. But I'm in college and she just started back in college again too. She can't afford all of the bills she has and I can't afford my own place and to help her, so I live here while I'm in school and pay some of the bills. I don't think that's pathetic. I think being done with school and choosing to live with your parents is.
    At no time did I say men should stay home with their parents. People should always strive to better themselves no matter what.

btw One of my friend did stay at home with his parent for awhile. He saved money and now has his own house.
    Last edited by Henry123; 11-09-08 at 09:43 AM.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    Look at the 2nd paragraph, they say although women are rated as smarter and more honest, they are still considered better leaders by ONLY A MERE 6 percent, as if it should be double or triple that
    I'd love a woman to be my boss/leader, because that way I'd know I could walk all over her.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    I'd love a woman to be my boss/leader, because that way I'd know I could walk all over her.
    I prefer women as bosses because you can tease them.

Man, I lost interest in this thread quickly.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    he obviously isn't getting any quality, and he's also not getting anyone who gives a shit about him. If he equates all women to the retarded whores he screws, which is his only experience with women, of course that's all he knows.
    Hey, I get quality ass in my opinion. You are all whores anyway so what is the difference?
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I thought you were a kept woman now Bluesummer?

Tedel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    HA! i think time has proven that girls who don't act like ladies usually have an absent father.
    Or those who are not told about sex properly when teens.

Tedel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    What a load of shit this article is.

I have a good education but I don't care to live alone yet. I couldn't care less. I also don't finding raising a family or having a "partner" some type of success in life and goal. Love happens it happens, it doesn't than it doesn't. I am for one glad this article has some fact to it, though I think their reasons for "why" are wrong. I think most people are starting to realize that religion is bullshit, marriage is bullshit, working for a fag boss is bullshit, and life in general is to controlling and straight forward. Women want a man who lives alone, has everything, and is independet...why? so THEY DON'T HAVE TO BE! I am glad man are saying " I don't give a ****". ..and if women don't want to date me because I am 25 and live at home with my parents I can always find an 18 year old to date...the beauty of law. I am looking for fun always, where I live shouldn't matter and prevent that.

I can't believe how this culture controls some pathetic minds. I told a a few days ago this girl that she is a loser(for damn good reason) and she brought up the fact that she is getting married...like it makes her better then me or something...bitch **** you and your fake ass marriage..I couldn't care less.

I spit on Newsweek, every editor they have, and their pathetic idea of what "A STUDY SHOWS" means. Not my fault that married men lead such boring lives that their lack of risk makes them less likely to end up in the hospital...maybe one day they can do something exciting like go fast in a fast car, ride a bicycle down a mountain, or hand glide...when they are not married and pathetic, useless, old and boring men with wives yelling NO down their throat.
    One of the most selfish posts I have read from you, OV.

Tedel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    It's a Newsweek article. Newsweek = Republicans = conservative views on life = marriage is the way to go between men and women.

Labels aside, I don't see myself living with my parents once I hit 30. In fact, I wanted to leave now.
    No way, when I wrote against abortion on Newsvine, I received dozens of comments telling me I was a son of a ***** who didn't respect female's freedoms or rights.

Tedel Guest
    @ the original post, I think it is right. Actually, after smoking and drinking for 15 years, I realised a few months ago that won't take me anyway and I am starting to change.

Now I smoke half and I drink much less. The part of being responsible has always been there, fortunately, but I must admit I still have a few other teenage behaviours to get rid of.

Is dating blue my prize?

Hmmm...
    Well, perhaps it's 'takers' like you, "shh!", make settling down less enticing?
    Last edited by JonnyJ; 09-12-08 at 12:14 AM.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyJ View Post
    Hmmm...
    Well, perhaps it's 'takers' like you, "shh!", make settling down less enticing?
    Who said anything about settling down?

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast