+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Argument over careers

Quote Originally Posted by LadieNisha4u2nv View Post
    I wonder if he looked at it as if it were the other way around; what if SHE were to tell him she didnt think his career choice was good and that he shouldnt do it? I'm sure he wouldnt appreciate her telling him what to do. There's a big difference in giving your opinion and just plain out telling someone what to do. How are you so sure she will regret it in the future, you're psychic? Since you dont like it, at least ask her to do a pros/cons list on the career she's looking into and she'll be able to see if it is still worth the shot, but thats just an idea. YOU may be a planner, but you cant force her to do what you do. Maybe you were raised that way, but she wasnt. Do you plan everything about your life? If you continue being that way towards her, you are bound to lose her, unless she is co-dependent and too dumb to realize that her fiance' is trying to run HER life.Besides, all this arguing over this career thing before the marriage talking about you're a "planner"....shouldnt you be "planning" your wedding then? Pssh, if it were me I think I'dve already thrown the ring back at you and say **** it. Next you'll be telling her what she can and can not wear,eat,etc....or is it too late?
    If she told him that his career choice would stupid, he'd say that he researched every facet of it before making his choice and still wouldn't listen to her.
    I don't chase, I replace.

If you love her, let her make her career decision.
    Most people don't follow the:
    Love what you do, Do what you love"
    We get into the golden handcuff...Good salary job, but not very rewarding...I've been there...

Quote Originally Posted by survivor08 View Post
    If you love her, let her make her career decision.
    Most people don't follow the:
    Love what you do, Do what you love"
    We get into the golden handcuff...Good salary job, but not very rewarding...I've been there...
    Me too and I agree! He is going to ruin his relationship over this issue.

If you bully her into doing what you want, she'll only be all the more susceptible to some super romantic guy who comes along just when she's wondering if she has wasted the best years of her life on you. You're doing yourself a terrible disservice by dismissing her interests.

You also sound like you're committed to a really beige future. Your fondest hope is that you can take your kids to Disneyland? Are you serious? Maybe you need to take advice from her and not the other way around.
    Spammer Spanker

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345