+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Never Forget September 11

Never Forget September 11

my thoughts go out to all the family members and friends who lost a loved one during the tragic events of 9/11.

anachronistic Guest
    Unless airplane and skyscraper are in the same sentence, or someone says the date like "nine eleven" I would not remember it. Tragic story, but it is nearly fictional to me, since my only connection to it is a preadolescent reminisce of flash news during school.

Quote Originally Posted by anachronistic View Post
    Unless airplane and skyscraper are in the same sentence, or someone says the date like "nine eleven" I would not remember it. Tragic story, but it is nearly fictional to me, since my only connection to it is a preadolescent reminisce of flash news during school.

Believe me, I won't forget. I was in midtown Manhattan that day, and the event is still crystal ****ing clear to me.
    Last edited by starbuck; 11-09-08 at 06:23 PM.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My dad was on a bridge overlooking the Pentagon when the plane crashed into it. He thought we were being bombed.

I was in my car listening to Elliot in the Morning, some goofy radio show, when the first plane hit the WTC. They were debating whether or not it was an accident, but I knew right then and there we were under attack.

I got to school and I was sitting in my programming class watching a live feed of the buildings smoldering. I saw them collapse. This guy sitting near me let out a cheer because he figured he wouldn't have to go to football practice that evening.

If I ever seem like an elitist, if I ever seem to despise the average Joe, he would be the one who got the ball rolling.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Jeez! so long ago...let it go.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

..so long ago? It's been seven years, not even a decade. It's easy for you to let it go because (presumably) you didn't personally know any of the 3,000 people that died that day..
    Imagine never seeing your wife or best friend or father again because they went to work one day and died in a collapsing, burning mess..and not for any fault of their own. Im sure you'd still be pretty distraught.
    Im not saying we should all despair over it forever, but do have respect for those who unfairly lost their lives that day.

Quote Originally Posted by kitty001 View Post
    ..so long ago? It's been seven years, not even a decade. It's easy for you to let it go because (presumably) you didn't personally know any of the 3,000 people that died that day..
    Imagine never seeing your wife or best friend or father again because they went to work one day and died in a collapsing, burning mess..and not for any fault of their own. Im sure you'd still be pretty distraught.
    Im not saying we should all despair over it forever, but do have respect for those who unfairly lost their lives that day.
    Your ignorance of the fact that people die all the time, specially on the way to work, and never come home is amazing. You make it sound like this was the one and only event where people died and families were hurt. Somewhere in the States someone's child dies in a car wreck and doesn't come home as I type this...of course that is not important because it isn't pointlessly over televised to no ends of stupidity.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Way to completely miss the point OV. You suck at math, don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    Your ignorance of the fact that people die all the time, specially on the way to work, and never come home is amazing. You make it sound like this was the one and only event where people died and families were hurt. Somewhere in the States someone's child dies in a car wreck and doesn't come home as I type this...of course that is not important because it isn't pointlessly over televised to no ends of stupidity.

oh c'mon OV....feck sake! today is sept 11th...would you ever keep quiet and have some respect....you are so childish....try to put yourself in a New Yorkers shoes...you are completely inconsiderate to the day thats in it
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Heh, I didn't even realize.

Oooooh, so that's why they're showing all this 9/11 shit on TV...

Yeah STFU already, OsamaBin-Virgins!
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Ok I understand everyone's views in the situation, but at the same time I agree with Only-Virgins. Do you all really want to be reminded every year that your family members and friends died on that day? Every year they show it on tv as if it had happened that exact year. I mean an occasional commercial here and there is fine, but they bombard the television with everything about it. I wouldnt want to be reminded about the day my family or friends died. Its like saying "Hey, you know you're family member/friend died on this exact day?" in a nice way. But hey, we're all entitled to our own opinions, so if you guys are comfortable with seeing it every year, then thats fine. But I just think it should be put to rest, or at least show less of it.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

some people do want to be reminded though and its a mark of respect....i don't feel comfortable talking about the negative side of the media coverage and overdramatisation today...it's not respectful
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

anachronistic Guest
    So I had a pretty nice ****ing day, aside from the sniffles in the morning.

I could've sworn today was the 11th...so how is it disrespectful? There's a problem talking about things the day after now?

Edit: I MEANT 12TH!!...lol...I feel so dumb.
    Last edited by LadieNisha4u2nv; 12-09-08 at 10:57 AM.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast