+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Women in charge...

Women in charge...

What do you think…..does the relationship have a better survival rate? Do you think men should rule the roost? Someone is usually in charge….

I’m not talking in the traditional sense of one working and one staying at home with the kids etc etc, I’m talking emotionally…….

Are you or were you in charge? And which is better…men or women at being in charge? Is it better to have one more insecure than the other so that sh*t gets done?
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

I'm not sure what you mean by "emotionally in charge." You mean one person bossing the other one around?
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by "emotionally in charge." You mean one person bossing the other one around?
    kinda ye.....but you know that feeling of someone else being in charge without actually saying it....it's like you going along with it...for peace sake.... and visa versa you know when people are following your plan..... and how often is it women who are the planners? or is it better that men are the planners......does that make any sense?

Are you or were you in charge? And which is better…men or women at being in charge? Is it better to have one more insecure than the other so that sh*t gets done?
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 11-09-08 at 06:37 PM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

decision time....who makes the decision and why....i used to find my ex and I couldn't agree and i always used to give in for peace sake...i think that made him the boss of me!

I think both need to find equal ground. But ofc, sacrafices do sometimes need to be made, but I don't think any one party should be in complete "control". That's not a relationship. To me anyways.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

anachronistic Guest
    Welcome to the 21st century, otherwise known as the neo-rococo period, where the vast majority of people are selfish ****s, men are more feminine, and women dominate them! It's now socially acceptable to kill a baby for being an irresponsible ****, people need energy drinks to wake up in the morning, and get through the day, people need counselors because they have become too emotionally unstable to handle matters with their own hands, and reality is so depressing, people lead their own little lives in fantasy worlds like the one in WoW. Everybody tries marijuana at least once in their lives, and girls starve themselves to shape themselves into the forms of models in glamour magazines. It is no longer okay to spank your children, and that's why they lose their virginity when they're 14 years old!

And you ask yourself how much have people really changed in just a couple of centuries... well, not very much.

Quote Originally Posted by anachronistic View Post
    Welcome to the 21st century, otherwise known as the neo-rococo period, where the vast majority of people are selfish ****s, men are more feminine, and women dominate them! It's now socially acceptable to kill a baby for being an irresponsible ****, people need energy drinks to wake up in the morning, and get through the day, people need counselors because they have become too emotionally unstable to handle matters with their own hands, and reality is so depressing, people lead their own little lives in fantasy worlds like the one in WoW. Everybody tries marijuana at least once in their lives, and girls starve themselves to shape themselves into the forms of models in glamour magazines. It is no longer okay to spank your children, and that's why they lose their virginity when they're 14 years old!

And you ask yourself how much have people really changed in just a couple of centuries... well, not very much.
    talk about taking it to another level haha

anachronistic Guest
    To be honest, nobody can really be in charge of anyone but themselves, for a perfect relationship. You are in charge of yourself, but you are in mutual agreement with each other.

To be honest, nobody can really be in charge of anyone but themselves, for a perfect relationship. You are in charge of yourself, but you are in mutual agreement with each other.
    correct! What a good idea!

I'll be honest...my ex was. I hated arguing and the drama, I would give in just to keep the peace.

That shit isn't happening again with the future girl.

No one takes charge of OV!
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by 1averagejoe View Post
    I'll be honest...my ex was. I hated arguing and the drama, I would give in just to keep the peace.
    Yeah. I used to be a pushover like that. I was raised to be nice and polite to women who were supposedly more emotionally sensitive. All they did was take advantage of it. Then they wonder why chivalry is dead.

It's not too hard for a woman to be in charge in a relationship. All she has to do is manage the character of the guy. If she wants him to do something, she can bicker at him for being such a "bad boyfriend or jerk" for not doing it. When he finally does it, she can praise him for being such an "awesome boyfriend". It could be anything from taking out the trash to getting her a new home.

If that doesn't work, then just make him feel guilty or cast shame in his direction. As punishment, making him feel bad. And if all else fails, just keep nagging until he gives in. Didn't your mother teach you all this? Guys will fall for it, they'll believe you're an angel and they'll want to take care of you. It will never run through their mind that all of it is control and manipulation tactics. If it ever does, you just break things off and tell the world that he was abusive and insensitive. What more emotional control do you what?

Oh, god. Another whiner thread. Guys, if your girls are taking advantage of you, it is YOUR fault. Take some responsibility. You are only a victim if you allow it, and women aren't the enemy.

The way a long-term relationship REALLY works is that people have strengths in different things. For example, my husband defers most child-raising decisions to me, and I defer most money-related decisions to him. This allows us both to excel in the areas we are strong in. If my husband feels strongly about something kid-related, he says so, and we negotiate the outcome. No one has to be "the boss".

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    Oh, god. Another whiner thread. Guys, if your girls are taking advantage of you, it is YOUR fault. Take some responsibility. You are only a victim if you allow it, and women aren't the enemy.

The way a long-term relationship REALLY works is that people have strengths in different things. For example, my husband defers most child-raising decisions to me, and I defer most money-related decisions to him. This allows us both to excel in the areas we are strong in. If my husband feels strongly about something, he says so, and we negotiate the outcome. No one has to be "the boss".
    so basically you're the boss

haha

I don't mind being the bitch for awhile as long as she's fit, pretty, great personality and older than me :p. Do as you will I say!
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast