+ Follow This Topic

Thread: This is confusing

This is confusing

My ex broke up with me a while back completely out of the blue, one day we were fine, the next she just sent me a text saying "I want nothing to do with you" and that was that.

Now about 3 - 4 months later she came back saying shes really sorry and wants to be freinds. I said yes as i thought it would be better than holding a grudge, I didn't plan on really doing anything as freinds. A few months go by and there was no contact, then for several weeks she spoke to me non stop, constant online messages, texts etc, until it all suddenly stopped.

The it seemed like she really didn't want to talk anymore, then we got into an argument recently and she kept saying she really wants to be freinds. Despite the fact that she will say this and not talk to me for several months.

Can someone please tell me whats happening here, I'm 100% over her. And as shes the one that ended the relationship and told me she only wants to be freinds and nothing else, surely she is 100% over me aswell right? if so why does she so desperately want to be freinds despite the fact she only talks to be in bursts (like for a few weeks every 3 months)?

Quote Originally Posted by johnstock View Post
    My ex broke up with me a while back completely out of the blue, one day we were fine, the next she just sent me a text saying "I want nothing to do with you" and that was that.

Now about 3 - 4 months later she came back saying shes really sorry and wants to be freinds. I said yes as i thought it would be better than holding a grudge, I didn't plan on really doing anything as freinds. A few months go by and there was no contact, then for several weeks she spoke to me non stop, constant online messages, texts etc, until it all suddenly stopped.

The it seemed like she really didn't want to talk anymore, then we got into an argument recently and she kept saying she really wants to be freinds. Despite the fact that she will say this and not talk to me for several months.

Can someone please tell me whats happening here, I'm 100% over her. And as shes the one that ended the relationship and told me she only wants to be freinds and nothing else, surely she is 100% over me aswell right? if so why does she so desperately want to be freinds despite the fact she only talks to be in bursts (like for a few weeks every 3 months)?
    I think it probably has to do with familiarity.
    I don't chase, I replace.