+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm really shallow

I'm really shallow

So I've actually begun to meet women this semester at school, and I find that I am very biased towards good looking girls, over girls that have far superior personalities...

I know in the long run, it is the personalities that count. But at this stage of my life, I find myself leaning heavily towards looks. Those of you with experience in this, what are your thoughts?

You sound like 99% of males your age. Why else would all those bitchy girls have dates while the smart or nice ones sit at home?

Anyway, in my experience, your system works well until males hit their mid to late 30s, when they realize they really don't like their pretty-but-shallow-and-annoying wife so much, and then they have an affair with the babysitter and end up divorced.

anachronistic Guest
    who the **** is coming up with this 99% shit?

i don't waste my time with women who i don't think could have a lasting relationship with me. why bother? after a while you begin to notice what kind of qualities you like from a person, and if they don't have those qualities, you won't waste your time on them, even if they are stunningly gorgeous.

it depends on what you consider good looking is, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, also just because a girl is considered good looking by the general population doesn't mean she's a bitch, infact i think a lot of good looking girls get too much stick from other girls. a lot of girls are considered good looking because their great personality shines though her whole aura and people pick up on that. yes there are good looking girls out there who are real bitches but i find sooner rather than later they end up very unhappy
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

I find that there are many people out there (both female and male) have the personality as well as the looks. And many of them are single. And the reason so many of them are single is because they haven't yet found someone who they are compatible with.

I think its about the whole package. I don't take guys who lack either looks or personality. But I guess, if you are only looking for a short term partner, then looks will do.

Didn't you guys read what he said? He said he was biased towards girls with looks over girls with personality. He didn't say they were coexisting in the same girl, at least not in the ones he's been interested in.

You may be initially attracted to girls who are good looking but have crappy personalities, but if you actually date one of them, you'll probably tire of her quickly. I personally don't bother with people unless I know they possess the qualities Im looking for (kindness, intelligence, etc)

I know plently of girls who are both beautiful and have great personalities..

heres how i look at it.
    i cant date a girl im not attracted to. looks have to be there. i dont really think that is being shallow tho. but that doesnt mean ill date a girl that looks good and has a shitty personality see what im saying?
    its 50% looks 50% personality

I find that people, who think of how their looks are better than someone else, really aren't that impressive to me, as they think.
    I do approach women that draw my attention, but they have to be someone that accept others and don't judge solely on a few seconds of interaction.
    I can be forgiving, but to keep avoiding the person without any explanation, is truly not appropriate.
    I'd rather be told the truth, then have to figure out what is going on.

" Nothing is a waste of time, if you use the experience wisely."
    => Auguste Rodin

If shallow guys want to date good-looking dum dums, that's fine with me.

I'd like to have the shallow ones weeded out for me anyway. Regardless of how I look, a guy who doesn't appreciate my personality isn't worth it.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    You sound like 99% of males your age. Why else would all those bitchy girls have dates while the smart or nice ones sit at home?
    This is completely true

I've found that I tend to gravitate towards all women. When I'm at the bar, it's more than likely that the ones I first start looking at are the prettiest ones...however, it always seems that I find myself talking to someone with a great personality by the end of the night. Additionally, your ideas of what "good looking girls" are will certainly change over time. For years I preferred women who were in supreme physical condition, with the "ideal body," based on public perception. All of a sudden now, within the last year, I find myself much more prone to go after unbelievably large chested girls who tend to be in the realm of roughly 20 lbs over weight. Now I find these girls more beautiful than I could've ever imagined in the past.

When you're in college, your main goal is to get laid when you go out. Therefore, personality is not really something that matters. If you're looking for a relationship, then it does. You will quickly learn, as I did during school, that dating the girl that looks "hot" but turns out to be a moron will quickly bore you and after doing it once or twice, you won't do it anymore. Once you experience these relationships, you will understand that you don't want something based solely on looks. I really wouldn't sweat this at all. You will get so good at picking the lousy girls out, that after 5 minutes of talking to them at a bar you already know you should definitely move on unless you're just plain looking for someone to sleep with. Experience is key here, so soak all of it up and you will learn to find the women that you want to be with. Honestly, everyone is shallow to some degree, because personality is not the only thing that matters. I have multiple girl friends that have unreal personalities (they fit with me perfectly, we'd be great together), but I'm not attracted to them at all. You do, in the end, need to find someone who is both visually pleasing to you, as well as pleasing in the personality department.
    BROKEN HEARTS ARE FOR ASSHOLES.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Gosh...He said that he doesn't like stupid or bitchy girls either. But the girl he wants to date have to be smart and pretty.
    So there are 3 types of girls.
    1.Beautiful but stupid as a left shoe of my grandmother
    2.Beautiful and smart as well
    3."Betty" and smart

there is also a 4th type . They are ugly and stupid But they almoust always have no problems to find a guy to hang out or i don't know what. I don't understand why but it happens very often.

And Off2College choose the second type.As I understand it. It's ok, I don't think he's shallow because of it.And I think it's the best choice for him.
    I wazzzz here

Quote Originally Posted by Pettit-Papillon View Post
    3."Betty" and smart
    What is "betty?"
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    What is "betty?"
    "Betty the ugly" or whatever the name is... this tv serie
    I wazzzz here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast