+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Open Relationships

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    "Public attitudes toward the morality of extramarital affairs in the four Western countries polled show great variation. [...] Forty-seven percent of the French, 35% of Germans, and 18% of Britons believe that married men and women having an affair is morally acceptable, compared with 7% of Americans and 4% of religious Americans."

[url]http://www.gallup.com/poll/107518/Religious-Americans-European-Muslims-Common-Ground.aspx[/url]

I'm not saying they LIKE it, but they ARE more tolerant in Europe. I'm surprised you are arguing about this... many Europeans pride themselves on not being as "puritanical" as Americans.
    So what?….how are those stats in ‘four’ countries showing ‘normalised’ in the ‘whole’ of Europe like you just stated earlier…..haha shh! I’m still laughing at you....it was a huge generalisation to make
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If it works for you mate I think you should go for it. These other posters are getting their panties in a twist because they're projecting their own anxieties about marriage on to your situation.

As for myself, I've never been involved in any open relationships because I am monogomous by nature and so it wouldn't suit. But I know lots of people who'd be better suited to that sort of arrangement.

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    So what?….how are those stats in ‘four’ countries showing ‘normalised’ in the ‘whole’ of Europe like you just stated earlier…..haha shh! I’m still laughing at you....it was a huge generalisation to make

Wow, you are annoying.

That post referred to 4 countries Pettit-Papillon mentioned.

Now run along and play, and leave the adult conversation for the adults. Children should be seen and not heard.

Edit: Pettit - I couldn't even read your last post. (#30) While your effort is admirable, your English skills need work.
    Last edited by shh!; 15-09-08 at 07:27 AM.

Wow, you are annoying.

That post referred to 4 coutries Petit-Papillon mentioned.

Now run along and play, and leave the adult conversation for the adults. Children should be seen and not heard.
    can't handle it shh!?

hahaha i'm not sure it's me that needs to grow up. i give opinions and i don't try to insult people to get my point accross...pathetic and laughable
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sometimes children know better than the adults. Just because people are adult doesn't make them wise.Just You to know
    I wazzzz here

Sands, I've only been on this forum for a few months, but I've never heard of anyone mentioning being in an open relationship here. If someone is, he/she has yet to come forward. Were there any posters in the past who had this kind of arrangement?

Are there any other forums for this besides those "tacky wife swap" ones? I agree that you might benefit from the insight from someone who actually has been a relationship like this.

Personally, an open relationship wouldn't be for me. I'm not sure I understand how one could be in an open relationship, and not have someone get hurt along the way. I already know I'd be way too jealous for it.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

if you're okay with it then let her go do it.

like shhh said she'll probably have some fun and be over it in no time.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

You guys will be surprise at how many people are agreeing to things like this. Surprisely the person usually do NOT leave the spouse for the other person. They usually stay married. If you give them permission to be with the other person they are less likely to stay with the other person. If you put up a fight they may demand a divorce and run off with the other person or someone else. The OP is basically playing this 'game' right to get the eventual result he wants.
    Last edited by lesa; 15-09-08 at 07:56 AM.

This sounds more like a temporary band-aid than a solution. Do you think her banging another dude will solve all your problems together? Have you thought that maybe she'll leave you? Are you going to console her once her boyfriend "leaves her"?

Why don't you go find a chick for yourself too? I'm curious to hear how her reaction would be to that.

I don't agree with it and personally would never let my own (future) wife do it and I would hope she would expect the same from me. But to each their own, huh?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's not the kind of lifestyle I'd want for me (at least, I don't think I would want this), but you guys would be surprised what people tolerate to keep a marriage. I've known two husbands to give their wives permission to have sex with another guy (ironically, both of the other guys were friends of these men). Also, a very close friend suspected for years that her husband had a girl on the side, but she overlooked it because she didn't want to tear her kids family apart. In all these cases, the extra relationships eventually ended on their own.
    +1

Or the marriages end b/c the 'side dish' was really just a stop gap for avoiding dealing with problems in the marriage.

Look up the stats on 'open marriages' and divorce before you proceed.

And, btw, open marriages generally only work for a purely sexual experience outside the relationship. Seeing how this is an ex of hers, I think you are facing emotional attachment b/t your wife & this other guy. Which is the death knell for a marriage if allowed to continue. Affair does NOT = open marriage. Whole different animal, that. While I think that many men can have sex purely for the sake of sex outside the marriage, remember that women tend to get more emotionally connected to their partners.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Eco, I'm curious as to how you can dismiss those stats the shh! posted so readily while using other stats to try and prove your points regarding the horrible pharmaceutical companies.

Do you only like the stats that favor your argument?
    I don't chase, I replace.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    Eco, I'm curious as to how you can dismiss those stats the shh! posted so readily while using other stats to try and prove your points regarding the horrible pharmaceutical companies.

Do you only like the stats that favor your argument?
    i didn't dismiss them....four countries even with their stats does not constitute in her words: Europeans have completely normalized it.

i didn't dismiss them....four countries even with their stats does not constitute in her words: Europeans have completely normalized it.
    The point is that Europe is more accepting of it than America is. And honestly, I think that pepit saying that the Netherlands isn't so accepting of it is incredibly false. I've been there. Sex is huge in that country.

When pepit mentioned those four countries listed in those stats, you agreed with her... and yet the stats showed that you were wrong. From now on, when you generalize America, only generalize certain states since not all of the states feel the same way just like the different European countries.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What is wrong with Shh! post of statistics? I found it quite interesting.

Eco & PP, unless you a) have data showing those polls are somehow biased (please post) or, b) you have contrasting studies that show something different (please post), you are both spewing crap & embarrassing yourselves.

Eco: so long as the poll sample size was large & random enough, the data IS normal, as far as the statistics go. Like I said, if you know of data that is better, post it. Otherwise, shut up until you have something meaningful to add.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Shh! do us a favour and just amend your post to "Germany, France, Britain and wherever".

Most ppl who aren't retarded will understand that is a fair sampling of the Western Urp population.

Eco, you are a pedant. Go look it up.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast