+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dating a Feminist Nymph

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    i have to say grk...i adore the way you write...it pulls and provokes my emotions, you are very interesting. keep posting
    Same here.. but nevertheless.., thanx
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    lol dude there is no way I can read all of that. If it all boils down to whether or not you would date a feminist nymph, I'd say go for it just for the sex if she is hot. It's funny when a woman thinks she has all the capabilities of a man

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    lol dude there is no way I can read all of that. If it all boils down to whether or not you would date a feminist nymph, I'd say go for it just for the sex if she is hot. It's funny when a woman thinks she has all the capabilities of a man
    This is not only like a person talking about a book he/she hasn't read, but a game he/she hasn't played.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Wow, I bet you've been waiting since that other thread to use that line

A topic like this one is just about tossing around opinions, the other thread was about missing an entire gap of knowledge in math. You can't even compare the two

anachronistic Guest
    No I wasn't. Why are you even replying to a damn thread which you didn't read?! You're a little paranoid about people insulting you, dear.

I'm hoping for cliff notes, especially since misombra's response. I seriously doubt whatever he wrote couldn't have been said in a single post.

read it, its so worth it, its much more interesting the way grk put the story forward than a single summary
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Nope. I'm waiting for a summary. All his "....." (COPD?) in the middle of his sentences make me want to shove a endotracheal tube down his throat and attach him to mechanical ventialtion.

I'll wait for a summary, or not.
    Last edited by shh!; 18-09-08 at 07:49 AM.

anachronistic Guest
    If you are not willing to read, your advice is probably not worth reading

Haha - that's rich, coming from you.

anachronistic Guest
    Are you saying my advice isn't good, or that I am not willing to sort through a long post? Well it doesn't matter because I think your opinion is crap anyway.

I think you give good advice, shh, but I think for this specific thread, you have nothing good to offer, and it only shows, that you are not willing to read such a long post by a member who deserves such attention and advice.

Quote Originally Posted by anachronistic View Post
    it only shows, that you are not willing to read such a long post by a member .
    I already said that.

I read it all and it was very interesting and well written. I especially liked the dialogue. It felt more like a play with "scenes" than a post. Anyway, I have a couple of questions.

1. What is R.E.?

2. Well, this is more of a comment than a question. You say that she is overly critical of herself because she's an artist and used to being "critiqued." I have to say, being an artist myself and having had gone to art school for 4 years, that this in and of itself does not cause low self esteem or rabid perfectionism over the self. Maybe over the art, yes, but unless your identity is completely tied up in your art (which, maybe hers was), then you wouldn't let the constant critiquing cripple your sense of self. The critques are just another way to be graded, much like a professor's comments on a term paper.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    I have to say, being an artist myself and having had gone to art school for 4 years, that this in and of itself does not cause low self esteem or rabid perfectionism over the self.
    I agree with this. If you survive 4 years of art school, you are probably open to critiquing. The people who are too light skinned for that kind of thing drop out in the first semester. They purposely make you critique a lot more in the beginning classes in order to test you and see if you are capable of handling such a thing because it is important for learning in that field of study.

And besides, everybody's idea of perfection varies.

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    What is R.E.?
    [url]http://www.nlm.nih.gov/MEDLINEPLUS/ency/article/001954.htm[/url]
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast