+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need Advice: early dating stages!

Need Advice: early dating stages!

I went on a date with Jon a week ago. I have seen Jon everyday at work since then. I was going to ask him to do something after work, but he has been sick. (he works as he has no sick hours)

Now I will not see him for 4 days. I really want to call him, but wonder if it's too soon considering we see eachother at work. I would like to do something with him on one of these 4 days if he feels better.

Should I call, or is that too smothery? I don't want to seem disinterested. He did ask me on the date originally. PLEASE HELP

I'd call him up and talk with him for a bit, just be like, Hey how you feeling? See if he's feeling better or what and go from there. A week is a long time to wait after a date i'd say.. maybe thats just me.

why don't u call and stop by with soup or summin?

*Nobody will ever win the battle of the sexes.*
    *There’s too much fraternizing with the enemy.*
    -Henry Kissinger

-Tania

since you see him at work, you should talk to him at work. and then bring things up there. if he's still sick ask him if he needs someone to take care of him (jokingly of course) and then from there you should be able to know what to say or do.
    "Don't be afraid to fail because only through failure do you
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus
    A week is a long time to wait after a date i'd say.. maybe thats just me.
    Is a week too long to wait to call when you see the person 3/4 of the days you work? Get back with me on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by PandaCivic
    since you see him at work, you should talk to him at work.
    The thing is, I won't see him at work for 3 more days. Now, do you think I should still wait to see him at work, or just call? Thanks for your help...

i would wait. 3 days is nothing especially when you KNOW you'll see him. just wait till he comes to work.
    "Don't be afraid to fail because only through failure do you
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."

Has he called you, or has all communication been at work? Has he seemed interested in another date since the last? What were his comments the day after the date? If all was positive, I would call him somewhere in the three days when you won't see him, and go with the 'called to see how you were feeling' plan. If he showed any 'uninterested' traits, I'd leave him alone, and let him come to you.
    Because a hard man is good to find.

He had called me 3 times to set up our first date (a week ago), but I have never called him even though he gave me his number.

*************UPDATE******************************* ************

SO, I couldn't help it...I called him tonight! He was happy that I called and even suggested we do something on another day off. It went even better than I had planned-- we talked for 2 1/2 hours! I couldn't believe it!

I really was afraid to call, but I remembered a quote: "If you want the same results you've been getting, keep doing the same thing."

Then I realized I need to act differently (ie: calling even though scared to), to achieve the result I want (ie: letting a great guy know I care.)