+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dreams...

Dreams...

Is there any way to kind of just turn them off? I've been slowly getting over what happened with my ex, but I haven't been able to get her off my mind yet. Things will be better in a couple weeks when I'm busy again, but not now. Sometimes I go to sleep hoping to get rid of the thoughts... but then she's in my dreams. And that pisses me off because that should be where I can definitely stop thinking about her. I've had dreams about her five nights in a row.
    I don't chase, I replace.

I rarely have dreams/nightmares, but I did have a couple of my ex when we broke up. Try relaxing...go out for some runs, go to a park or the beach and just fall asleep. Going out to the beach almost everyday and just going for a run or sitting on the sand, closing my eyes and relaxing helped me relieve stress and stay sane.

Dreams and nightmares are usually caused by stress.

i suffer from sleep apnea...people laugh at me ...i wonder if someday in the future when i have too much to drink some night will i stop breathing altogether......

i used to sleep walk when i was a kid too....mad.....i remember my aunt was laughing at me because we were away on vacation and i got up and started doing the breast stroke on the bed beside her........i remember i was staying in mom and dads and i got really drunk...some celebration...mom put me to bed and then my younger brother descibed to me the next day....the following......

he heard a unusual noise......he came out of the lounge and looked up......i was up on top on the banisters purched just barely balanced wavering back and forth ...pants down...peeing ......could have easily killed myself...mom walked me back to my room.......next morning i didn't have a clue it had happened....but hey maybe that cheered ya up cain

ye i always dream about my ex....i need to get some ......j/k

anyway i digress

maybe you want to dream about her because she meant so much to you

maybe read this

[url]http://www.ehow.com/how_2134574_rid-bad-dreams.html[/url]
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

your mind is sorting out all the things that happened. i think it's because you work so hard at hiding your emotions or being angry instead of just crying about it and admitting that you're hurt about it. sometimes if you just work it out when you're awake the dreams will stop.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Exhaust yourself. Start exercising your butt off during the day. Occupy as much of your available time as you can. I only remember dreams when I'm sleeping lightly or when I'm on the verge of waking up. Go to bed so zonked you're dead to the world until your alarm clock rings.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    your mind is sorting out all the things that happened. i think it's because you work so hard at hiding your emotions or being angry instead of just crying about it and admitting that you're hurt about it. sometimes if you just work it out when you're awake the dreams will stop.
    I'm not pretending that I'm not hurt about this. I let myself feel the emotion until I feel the tears come, and then I let the anger at the situation take over so I don't enter a long, depressed mood.

I can't pretend that I'm not hurt. I am. I will be for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    Exhaust yourself. Start exercising your butt off during the day. Occupy as much of your available time as you can. I only remember dreams when I'm sleeping lightly or when I'm on the verge of waking up. Go to bed so zonked you're dead to the world until your alarm clock rings.
    I'll be able to start doing that in a week. I usually sleep heavily. I'm not a light sleeper.

Last night I didn't dream about her as far as I remember, luckily. The problem with my dreams is that none of them reflect the reality of our situation. They are all about me visiting her and some are about better things.

The one I had two nights ago was that I was at a wedding ceremony (I have no idea how many years from now) and I was getting ready to marry some woman. But.. my ex was at the wedding as a guest I guess.. and I realized that it wasn't this new woman that I wanted to marry.. but it was my ex. And what pissed me off about the dream is that she actually said yes when I proposed.