+ Follow This Topic

Thread: what to do...

what to do...

what do you do when someone breaks the truth in the relationship? Can you get it back? How? I recently found out my bf (now ex after I found out) has been telling me various lies. He didn't cheat on me, but one of the lies was that he's been calling his ex and I only found out cuz i looked at his phone records. When I confronted him, he did admit it and said a reason why hes been talking to her, which is bs for all i care..and a bunch of other 'little white lies.' Now I find it impossible to trust him and he keeps asking for another chance. How can I give it to him when I lost my respect and faith in him? That's what he's not understanding. He said he'll be willing to give me his cell phone, all his pw's and everything if i take him back. But, i don't want to be that crazy detective girl who constantly has to keep tabs on everything. What to do?

If there's fear in your heart and you don't have a peace mind. Let him go. Once trust is broken it's hard to bring it back. Unless you like to play cat and mouse. That's really up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by jennyc View Post
    What to do?
    In this case.., just listen to your feelings.. In this rare instance.., they're not too far off from doing the right thing.., you're not being irrational..

You can't be in a relationship with someone you don't trust.. (regardless if he's trustworthy or not)..

If he's trustworthy and you don't trust him.., he feels insulted and you're being unfair to him by constantly hurting him every time you challenge his honesty and loyalty..

If he's not trustworthy and you don't trust him.., well.., there's not much to say really.., You're the only one who is suffering.., and it's not fair to you to be in such a relationship.., you'll drive yourself crazy.. You run the risk of damaging the kind of person you are.., finding it more difficult to trust someone who is trustworthy in the future.., which wouldn't be fair to him.., and it wouldn't be fair to YOU.., to do that to yourself!

This is why.., if you don't feel you can trust him.., leave.. It's best for the both of you..
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.