+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Greetings and relationship advice...

Greetings and relationship advice...

Hi. Glad to be here. I will jump right in:

I have been living with my current girlfriend for 2.5 years now. We are best friends. I am 27 and she is 24. We have tons in common and enjoy each other’s company immensely. We laugh and hang out all the time, have similar tastes in music, movies and books and get along extremely well.

The problem is that I have never been with any other women. I am 27 and when we met her I had never been intimate with a woman. Therefore, she was my first. I am a good looking guy and have never had a problem attracting women. I love my girlfriend dearly but feel I am missing out on my youth. I see and interact with other women and I crave sexual and intimate experiences with women other than my girlfriend. Is this wrong? I love her deeply but feel I may be missing out on other girls/relationships. I don’t feel it is fair to her that I think like this. Any advice?

Thanks for all the advice. What a nice forum.

No problem for the advice - but geesh dude - have patience - sometimes it takes a few days to get a reply on forums...

Anyways - I know what you are going thru - When I was with my first I felt the exact same - like i was missing out - Eventually this got to me and I left her for another woman - well guess what - when I got with the new woman I started to realize that its all the same - except for one thing - I was actually happier the with first woman - but it was too late so I stayed with this one - eventually she started to feel like she was 'missing out' and left me

Since then I tried to get back with my ex - but as I said - I am too late - So now here I sit all alone - single - misrerable. And now I know what I want out of life. I want to settle down with someone. I like the married life. No, I love it ! And miss it dearly.

I have gotten over both girls and all that crap - I am trying to meet a woman to this day. Trust me on this - for some reason it is easy to get women to notice you when your taken - but when your single its like they want nothing to do with you...

So yeah - my advice would be to look at what a wonderful thing you have right in front of you. Dont let her go. You will regret it later. Trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy41684
    No problem for the advice - but geesh dude - have patience - sometimes it takes a few days to get a reply on forums...

Anyways - I know what you are going thru - When I was with my first I felt the exact same - like i was missing out - Eventually this got to me and I left her for another woman - well guess what - when I got with the new woman I started to realize that its all the same - except for one thing - I was actually happier the with first woman - but it was too late so I stayed with this one - eventually she started to feel like she was 'missing out' and left me

Since then I tried to get back with my ex - but as I said - I am too late - So now here I sit all alone - single - misrerable. And now I know what I want out of life. I want to settle down with someone. I like the married life. No, I love it ! And miss it dearly.

I have gotten over both girls and all that crap - I am trying to meet a woman to this day. Trust me on this - for some reason it is easy to get women to notice you when your taken - but when your single its like they want nothing to do with you...

So yeah - my advice would be to look at what a wonderful thing you have right in front of you. Dont let her go. You will regret it later. Trust me.
    Thanks! Sorry for the impatience.

k dude, first of all what you have with her is way more rare than having meaningless sex, its also way more important and should be treated as so, its normal to think these things, although when i was actually in LOVE she was the only person i wanted/needed/thought/was with..but if you do feel you dont have the self control to deal with these 'urges' (considering your a grown ass man im sure you do) id suggest breaking things with her off as soon as possible because the sooner the less hurt she will be, and that way you dont end up cheating on her, but if i were you, there is no way i would ruin what you have with her now, even if you dont love her-over something as trivial as sex.
    im the shit like mr.hanky

THROWING ROOTBEARS IN YO FRIDGE BEHATCH

If it's bothering you than maybe what you need to do IS go out and sow your oats. You didn't plan it that way, but it turned out that way. Not every relationship can last. This sounds like it might have been a good 2.5 years with her (or however long it was alltogether), but it sounds like you're not satisfied with being committed to her and so you should let her know that and move on. It might be hard to end the relationship, but it'll probably be harder in the long run to keep surpressing your desires and you may end up cheating on her and breaking her heart even MORE than if you ended it now (like outlines said)

Alexi