+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does PMS really not affect some girls or are they just not aware of it?

Does PMS really not affect some girls or are they just not aware of it?

My girlfriend (25) tells me that she doesn't really get moody when she has PMS. That's what my ex told me too, she was NUTS right before her period. Can women just not be aware of their moodiness sometimes? Because my girlfriend was being very distant with me this weekend and nothing bad happened during or before the weekend. She was short with me, distant, irritable and not very loving for no reason. And when I asked her she said she didn't know why she was feeling this way that it's just what she is feeling right now. I noticed that it's a week before her period, she told me she is supposed to start next week. I also noticed that last time she was acting like this was also incidently about a week before her period and about 4-5 days later she was all smiles and happy again like nothing happened whereas I was still upset with her unexplainable rudeness towards me.
    So is she just not aware of this moodiness, since she told me she doesn't get affected by pms? Because it sure as hell seems like she does. Because she's behaving very rude to me and being very cold for no apparent reason this weekend. She has some work stress going on as well but that's always there even when she's not acting this way.

Help? Does this sound like a PMS situation? Thx.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My ex-girlfriend got shocking PMS. She became so incredibly sensitive and would erupt in floods of tears with the slightest provocation. It was most tiresome.

I don't understand why they put us and themselves through that misery when PMS medications are readily available.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Before I had Ari, you woulda never known I got my period. I was always a cool person. But after, whenever I get it, I become the moodiest bitch ever. Its such a transformation. I dont think any medication could help me from being so pissed off. When men have to walk around scared that their heavy ass flow will mess up their clothes, and they're bloated like they ate a horse, and cramps feel like you got stabbed and the person twisted the knife around in your stomach, then maybe(just maybe) they'd understand why women become so bitchy, more bitchy than on the normal day. I wish I could switch with you guys one week of my monthly visit, and then I would've love to hear your feedback. The smart thing to do(IMO) is when you know your s/o has her period, schedule the day to do something with your boys or by yourself. Check in on her and see if she needs anything or how she's doing, and then come home later. Thats what I'd prefer, cuz I get real ****ed up on my period, so to avoid conflict, I'd rather you leave.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

ladie some men just don't give a shit and have the cheek to complain as if they know the torture we go through.....men are wimps when it comes to pain....thats actually a FACT....but are the complaining men worth it??...thats a big NO
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

guys can't even handle a little moodiness from women. they're like, scared of girls or something.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    we're not scared of girls. It's just unpleasant to be around.

oh yeah. i forgot we're supposed to be pleasant all the time.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think it's time women started taking more responsibility for their hormone driven irrationality and emotional volatility. Why not medicate?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    men are wimps when it comes to pain....thats actually a FACT
    Prove it.

[url]http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=51160[/url]
    Feeling Your Pain

By Bob Calandra
    WebMD Medical News

Any mother will tell you that if men had to go through the excruciating pain of childbirth the human race would have become extinct long ago.

According to feminine lore, guys simply don't handle pain well. The tiniest twinge of discomfort is enough to reduce most men into helpless, whimpering heaps. Women, on the other hand, can handle the tough stuff. In fact, you can ratchet up the old pain-o-meter to agony and beyond and most women will soldier on without flinching.

The trouble with that theory is -- it's wrong. And now men have the science to prove it.

"The laboratory research seems to indicate that for many kinds -- but not all kinds -- of stimuli, women have a lower tolerance for pain," says Linda LeResche, ScD, a professor of oral medicine at the University of Washington, in Seattle.
    [url]http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2005/07/050705004113.htm[/url]
    ScienceDaily (July 5, 2005) — Scientists investigating gender differences in pain have found that not only do women report more pain throughout the course of their lifetime, they also experience it in more bodily areas, more often and for longer duration when compared to men.

There also seem to be differences in how men and women think and feel about their pain. For example, anxiety may affect men and women in different ways, and the strategies used to cope with pain may actually make their experience worse.
    [url]http://bps-research-digest.blogspot.com/2007/11/ouch-men-have-higher-pain-threshold.html[/url]
    It's a question that continues to cause friction between the sexes: who has the higher pain threshold? Now one of the most detailed investigations of its kind has reported that it's men who have the higher threshold, but only at 5 of 12 of the pairs of pressure points investigated (thresholds were the same for both sexes at the other points).

Of course, a huge caveat looms over any research like this which requires participants to report subjectively when they are experiencing pain - for example, given gender expectations, men could just be holding out for longer before they admit to being in pain.

Notwithstanding that possibility, Esmeralda Garcia and colleagues used a device to apply pressure to 12 pairs of pressure points on the bodies of 12 men and 18 women. Nine of these pairs of points were the so-called 'tender points' used to diagnose fibromyalgia (see image), on each side of the body. The three remaining pairs of control points were on the palm, the lower leg and forearm.

As the pressure on these points was increased, the participants were asked to indicate when they first experienced pain, as distinct from unpleasantness or discomfort. Testing took place again after 15 minutes and then for a third time a week later.

Men showed greater pain thresholds at all three of the pairs of control points and two of the pairs of tender points. The researchers said the fact the presence of gender differences depended on pressure point location could explain why so much earlier research has produced inconsistent results, with some studies finding gender differences and others not.
    [url]http://health.dailynewscentral.com/content/view/1207/62[/url]
    Women feel pain more than men, more often and for longer, researchers have found. But despite the popular belief that men are wimps when it comes to dealing with pain, scientists discovered that men employ a problem-solving approach to get them back to work.
    And women have been found to have a lower threshold to pain.

But several studies have revealed that not only do women report more pain during their lives, they also experience it in more parts of the body, more often and for a longer duration compared to men.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ^^^ get ready for the "I am woman hear me roar" brigade.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    I think it's time women started taking more responsibility for their hormone driven irrationality and emotional volatility. Why not medicate?
    some people don't deal well with medications. some people can take it all day and not feel a thing.

also, doctors give birth control pills like it's candy and it's very effective at making everything worse.

but the main reason more women don't medicate, is because it's so much more fun to take our hostility on our men.

i'll give you guys a tip when you're dealing with a premenstraul person, just molest them. all girls want to do during PMS time is fight and have sex.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    My ex-girlfriend got shocking PMS. She became so incredibly sensitive and would erupt in floods of tears with the slightest provocation. It was most tiresome.

I don't understand why they put us and themselves through that misery when PMS medications are readily available.
    Which PMS medication out there takes care of the moodiness and emotional volatility? It sure ain't advil. Are you talking about birth control pills? Because sometimes the side effects of BCPs can cause PMS-like symptoms.

Dr. CB, please prescribe me something for my bitchiness. I want your miracle cure.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Thankyou for your query Starbuck. First off, can I just say it's nice to see young women like yourself finally taking proactive steps to limit their maladaptive mood patterns in the lead up to monthly discharge of their uteral lining. So you are to be commended on that.

Now, as far as the medications go I've found a healthy dose, say 100ml, of Nembutal taken on an empty stomach will almost always lead to a more peaceful household and a happier man. Thanks for stopping by.

All Best,

Dr CB

LOL. So you're pretty much saying I should sleep for 4 days until my period is over?

I could get with that. My boss on the other hand, my have a problem with it.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Who's going to take a barbituate when they get PMS? We'll all be junkies!

Anyway, I think PMS is the one time of the month whenwe can see what dick heads you guys REALLY are. The rest of the month, we walk around in a foggy haze. PMS = moments of clarity.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast