+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girlfriends Ex

Girlfriends Ex

Ok im 16 so just bare with me, anyway im about 1 month into a new relationship and first things first i'm the kind of guy who has the utmost respect for women i try to do my best to make them happy and yet every relationship has turned out bad for me plus not to be self centered but i'm not bad looking. but my girlfriend has just got out of a 2 year relationship with a 20 year old guy (she is 16 by the way) and i know for a fact she loves him but she tells me that she is completely over him however she talks to him on the phone and she tells me that she does but i have the feeling that she is talking to him everyday and i know that they cant be tel;ling each other what the weather is like she has told me herself that he wants her back and that he would do anything he even offered for her to date both of us, by the way i have never in my life met this guy or spoke to him, and he supposedly ruined there relationship by lieing and well theres more to it than that im sure but until i met her i was ready to give up on relationships i kept thinking that its because i'm in highschool that all my relationships end up bad because they get bored of the "good guys" who always treat them right i guess. Any way i was on the phone with her last night and i told her that it felt like she hasnt let go of her ex and that it made me feel insecure that im not really making her happy and another additional piece of info is that i have never met a girl like this in my life she completes me seriously and i know that its weird for a 16 year old to say that and well i know but i honestly think she is perfect for me we have everything in common and i feel so comfortable around her, anyway i just need some advice i dont want this to end but shes tell me not to worry about her ex its just that she is used to talking to him that she does talk to him on the phone, i have a hard time believing her even though in our relationship so far niether of us has had to lie about who we are to impress each other so i need some help

you have been going out for a month....i reckon its too soon to tell whats really going on.....

maybe she does still love him but knows that he is the wrong guy for her and wants to be with you.....i would recommend you wait and see what happens and chat to her about the ex and find out what really happened...that way you will have a better idea of whats going on
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Thanks that is my only lead on this = )

I'm going to agree, it's only one month in and you just need to go with the flow, but if it really starts bothering you, you need to tell her exactly how you're feeling, and you could always ask her to stop talking to him if it honestly is getting in the way of your guys' happiness. And if she can't stop then.. I dunno, you don't really deserve that, and honestly if she's 16 and he's 20.. and they're chatting on the phone, AND they were in a 2 year relationship, anyone would be suspicious. I think you do have the right to tell her not to speak to him on such a regular basis. Even though she might not want to be with him, he still might want to try it.