+ Follow This Topic
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: don't take drugs....they are bad for you

just for laugh.....i actually love this song...it has a good beat

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGUSqD1yPZs"]YouTube - The Blizzards Trust Me im a doctor[/ame]
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah, I know. It's crazy trusting a person who has devoted a huge chunk of his life to become a doctor. A person who has been bombarded with tests, who has been forced to research and write papers, who has expended hour after hour studying. Totally crazy to trust a person like that before I go trusting someone who's possibly never even set foot in a university.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

gribble i have my experience with dad....i don't mind if you don't believe me...thats ok....i don't have any written proof to offer. you are right facts are facts....and you can't see what i've seen...i can only describe to you....you need facts....i suppose i could spend a long time trying to find some for you gribble but why should i bother? it wouldn't be good enough for you anyway. there would be some flaw somewhere that wouldn't make the response worth it. there probably isn't enough studies done due to funding most likely....and pharma don't want projects like that funded or researched. i know what i see in front of me....my healthy father who didn't listen to the doctors. and a very unhealthy gran from all the drugs
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 27-09-08 at 05:34 AM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you have those companies so much, then just don't buy their drugs.

I solved your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    the pharma industry don't want to allow the herbs into the mainstream because they can't patent them and make money from them
    Yeah that may be one possible reason.

thats exactly my point they are not allowed. the pharma industry have vilified herbs....but they work...the system is wrong when doctors are not trained and aren't allowed to recommend natural ways that have little or no side effects to heal first. Organic meat means the animals aren't pumped with hormones and antibiotics....and the veg hasn't been sprayed with pesticides...i think that can only be a good thing and the organic market is growing rapidly so i'm not the only one who thinks this
    Okay you are getting some things a little wrong. Organic foods may be great, sure…and that's because they do not have all the chemicals added or used. However, they are not the same as herbs although many herbs can be organic (maybe that’s what you mean?). Herbs can have just as many if not more side effects as prescription drugs because they are not studied as well.

Some prescription medications came from the work of medicinal chemists working with herbs. They find a particular herb that seems to be working for some culture out in the middle of nowhere land () and then study it in laboratory settings. They find the compound(s) that seem to be working and then try to synthesize it for medicinal purposes. It’s been funded and studied.

So you see, some medicines come from herbs but as a whole we don’t know what the heck the herbs are going to do for you or to you. You are taking a risk because the other compounds of the herb may not have been studied and we don’t know if they can be harmful if combined with other herbs/foods/drinks/etc that you consumed along with the herb.

because my dad is proof gribble
    The herb may have a similar compound as the drug suggested by the doctor.

thanks lesa, i'm not saying pharma are completely useless...i never did (for anyone who might think i did)

there are risks of course....there are risks with pharma pills too that are stated on the bottle of pills. yep there are side effects to both options, i'd rather go with nature first before i start eating pills with substances that are created from chemicals as well as herbs as you rightly pointed out.

I get my info from a herb doctor (who btw used to be a 'normal' doctor...so i trust him)....i think its the best option to go to someone with huge experience in both ends of the scale and educated in herbs. i prefer to do that from the fantastic results i've personally seen.

Nothing is fool proof at the end of the day but my instincts are telling me to go with the herbs first.

i'm not opposed to going with the unethical pharma industry if nothing happens with herbs (which hasn't happened yet) because i want to survive at the end of the day. I have a good feeling that i won't need to go to the pharma industry for help though
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 27-09-08 at 06:21 AM.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Prozac saved me from feeling like I was living in an escapeless hell. Yeah, the drug that is supposed to make people go crazy and kill themselves. I probably would have killed myself if I DIDN'T go on the drug. It works AMAZINGLY

I for one am extremely glad pharmaceutical companies exist

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    Prozac saved me from feeling like I was living in an escapeless hell. Yeah, the drug that is supposed to make people go crazy and kill themselves. I probably would have killed myself if I DIDN'T go on the drug. It works AMAZINGLY

Instead of taking Prozac to escape those feelings, why don't you just step out of the delusional mindset you have?

It sounds as pathetic as those people who need energy drinks to get through the day... or a pill to get an erection. You wouldn't have survived a few centuries ago!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    You wouldn't have survived a few centuries ago!
    Neither would you have, because I could have much easier just killed you instead of having to listen to you talk

I could actually induce severe depression in you biochemically

Neither would you have, because I could have much easier just killed you instead of having to listen to you talk

I could actually induce severe depression in you biochemically
    Ohhh a threat, huh? My, what a vivid imagination you must have, internet tuffguy.

It's just funny coming from a guy that looks like this, no offense.

Careful who you threaten, Mr. .
    Last edited by misombra; 01-10-08 at 11:11 AM.

People don't understand that the reason the risk of suicide goes up initially when the medication begins to work is because a severely depressed person doesn't have the energy to kill themselves, and they DO once the medication begins to take effect. It isn't the medication that's making them depressed, but rather the fear of not recovering, combined with having the energy to plan and carry out suicide attempts. That's why they recommend therapy along with the medication.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Lucky for me I was born in this time and am probably far more fitting to it than you are. People 100s of years ago would have had their own difficulties living in todays society and a lot of them probably would not have made it. Good thing I'm doing well in an Ivy League school and will likely be more successful than you will in life

Btw, other pictures of me not on vacation

EDIT

Are you gonna be a little cocksucker and keep hiding under your smurf?
    Last edited by DoesntMatter; 27-09-08 at 09:25 AM.

Feeling a little psychologically inferior are we?

Mommy and daddy should take the guns away so you don't shoot yourself, since you are so agonized by this hell on earth.

Aww, how pathetic, you even have depressants on the shelf to help numb the pain.
    Last edited by doppelgaenger; 27-09-08 at 08:54 AM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    By bringing it up (stating I wouldn't have lived 100s of years ago) you actually revealed your own need for psychological superiority

Are you lilwing? You sure as hell sound like him. Or OV

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think you are having your own feelings of inferiority because you cannot take real classes like the maths

After all, it is the greatest measurement of a persons intelligence and innate reasoning capacity

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast