+ Follow This Topic
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: don't take drugs....they are bad for you

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    Yeah, I know. It's crazy trusting a person who has devoted a huge chunk of his life to become a doctor. A person who has been bombarded with tests, who has been forced to research and write papers, who has expended hour after hour studying. Totally crazy to trust a person like that before I go trusting someone who's possibly never even set foot in a university.
    Just for you hun, cause I know you'll appreciate it:

Saru mo ki kara ochiru.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    The point, Eco, is that even non-pharma natural, herbal compounds can be very dangerous.

And they, unlike pharma drugs, are not regulated by the FDA.

I'm glad you agree.
    ye i never disagreed that herbs weren't regulated.....we *all* know this. However herbs work and they should get more credit and research....but it's a bit difficult with big pharma vilifying herbs because they can't patent them.

another problem is silly american companies and practitioners...calling themselves herbalists when infact they are not qualified to recommend anything....so yes education on herbs and regulation would be good thing, in the mean time people if interested in better health without prescription drugs should investigate and look for a practitioner that has been educated and practiced as a doctor and changed to be a naturopath/herbalist. They are the best educated and best informed to recommend natural therapies that work better than pharma and have fewer if any side effects.
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 27-09-08 at 09:14 PM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Saru mo ki kara ochiru.
    you took the words right out of my mouth....you can educate a fool but you can't teach them common sense....have you heard that one too?
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I doubt I took the words from your mouth, Eco. But I'm glad you were curious enough to Google.

You have a real need to.... add. Don't you Eco?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

i was coming down with a cold. so i took this stuff called yin chao (or something like that) and it knocked that shit right out.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    How did you find out about this stuff, Miso? Is it like echinacea?
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

no it's a mix of chinese herbs.

my friend is in dom school, so she gets me all kinds of good stuff.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    no it's a mix of chinese herbs.

my friend is in dom school, so she gets me all kinds of good stuff.
    What's this? **
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

doctor of oriental medicine.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Chinese medicine is really interesting. I know a lot of scientists think its crap, but these guys do surgery with those needles. There has GOT to be something to this stuff, we just don't understand how it works yet.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

it is really interesting. i have very much enjoyed getting to learn a lot about it without paying all that tuition.

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    ....so yes education on herbs and regulation would be good thing, in the mean time people if interested in better health without prescription drugs should investigate and look for a practitioner that has been educated and practiced as a doctor and changed to be a naturopath/herbalist. They are the best educated and best informed to recommend natural therapies that work better than pharma and have fewer if any side effects.
    In North America, not many physicians are going to go from MD/DO to Naturopath unless they lost their license, in retirement, or other interesting reasons....that's a huge pay cut for a US physician.

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    In North America, not many physicians are going to go from MD/DO to Naturopath unless they lost their license, in retirement, or other interesting reasons....that's a huge pay cut for a US physician.
    ye lesa gosh i didn't think of that honestly....that is something to think about definitely when looking for a naturopathist/herbalist

luckily the guy i go to is renowned in europe...very expensive and writes a lot of articles for big selling health magazines and wddty (what doctors don't tell you) gladly i don't have to worry about that

he makes a lot more than the regular doctor....i can't always afford to go for a visit. Infact he has had some articles written about him in the mainstream irish newspapers aswell. He puts them in a folder in his waiting room.

ye lesa gosh i didn't think of that honestly....that is something to think about definitely when looking for a naturopathist/herbalist

luckily the guy i go to is renowned in europe...very expensive and writes a lot of articles for big selling health magazines and wddty (what doctors don't tell you) gladly i don't have to worry about that

he makes a lot more than the regular doctor....i can't always afford to go for a visit. Infact he has had some articles written about him in the mainstream irish newspapers aswell. He puts them in a folder in his waiting room.
    It sounds like he is big on advertisements and selling himself in order to make a huge profit. Has he written in reputable medical journals? What is his reason for being very expensive?

So you go on and on about the drug companies being unethical because they want to make money, and this very expensive doctor is somehow more ethical?
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast