+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: don't take drugs....they are bad for you

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0J_4gsgCV8"]YouTube - Chris Rock on Drugs, the Government, & the Pills I Need[/ame]

this is funny
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

that is funny. tone posted that whole chris rock thing. it was pretty funny.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

I didn't bother to read all of the drama. Just skimmed.

Of course the woman in the first video is biased. She had a horrible reaction to anti-depressants. I don't know why in the hell her Gen Prac was prescribing anti-depressants anyway. Uh yeah, she just broke up with her husband, of course she's depressed.

You're supposed to give SSRI's at least a month to work. You are then (if they aren't working) supposed to cycle off of them and then try starting another, slowly. No wonder she was sick. If you have such adverse reactions to start with, you JUST STOP TAKING THEM.

Honestly, I believe some homeopathic remedies work for certain things. Controlling cholesterol and high blood pressure, sure. Chemical imbalances and brain disorders, maybe not. Dementia does not have a homeopathic remedy. Neither does depression. I know. I have clinical manic depression with OCD tendencies. I don't medicate because: #1 It's mild and easily treated with therapy and a positive outlook, and #2 I was medicating and for every new prescription I was given another. Prozac for the depression, then Welbutrin for the mania, then Melatonin (homeopathic ) to help me sleep, then Tylenol with Codeine to treat the headaches. There was no treatment for the hand tremor I developed. So I cycled, SLOWLY, off of them.

I think it was just too much chemical in my body. This woman, knowing that SSRI's were new and could have negative side effects, should've gotten a second opinion from...oh, I dunno...a PSYCHIATRIST? People! Start thinking! It's free, I swear!
    Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.

I love smoking! I love small babies! healthy babies are just no fun, eat too much and they weigh a ton. Shriveled little babies are the way to go!, I love it when a girl's breath smells like ass and tastes like an ash tray...so ****ing sexy!
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

anachronistic Guest
    of course, this is all about money.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hkjkTe5kZE"]YouTube - Pink Floyd - Money[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    so chemo saves everybody now does it....did we not have a discussion a while ago about some of the treatments and pills created can kill people e.g vioxx and who knows what else.....your argument has no base to my problem with the pharma industry and your insensitive remarks about getting dasein's dad checked over....she needs to deal with what happened....how can you suddenly recommend that her dad may have a medical problem....you disgust me with righteousness......when quite clearly you are ethically wrong....people like you should not be giving advice
    How is it insensitive to suggest that someone might have a health problem? That would seem to be about as sensitive as you can get. And people suggest this all the time on this forum for many different problems.

Face it Eco, you just took that thread as another opportunity to go off about pharmaceutical companies and to attack Shh about something. You're grasping at straws.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

anachronistic Guest
    I don't think jeanne is trying to attack anyone or bitch about anything. Why don't you calm down and let people have their entitled opinions?

I for one am against the idea that people in loony bins are oppressed by being the subjects of experiments. Are they really allowed to distribute prototype drugs to people who are in mental hospitals? It sickens me. That is wrong. I don't like it when animals are tested either. Ick. When people are saved at the expense of others, not really worth it in my opinion. Could it really end up that at some point in time the only thing keeping us alive are chronic medications which prevent the diseases from taking over?

If it 'saves lives', does that necessarily mean it is good?

As far as the whole 'conspiracy against drugs' theory crap, I don't really think there is a whole conspiracy. I do, however think there are, and this video is evidence, that there are people who are coming up with medications for complete crap. And speaking of Chris Rock, Robotussin is a load of shit. I never take it when I am sick. But you know what? Let people grind up whatever herbs and horny goat weed they want. Just don't test it on other living creatures before you ingest it. If you're going to experiment with that shit, it should be at YOUR risk.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    There have been cases where seat belts have killed people.

Now, regardless as to whether or not they help save many lives and prevent what could be serious trauma... they can KILL PEOPLE! How dare they make seat belts mandatory by law!

This is an outrage!

No seat belts for me!

lilwing, I think you should look up the definition of "prototype". I don't think you are using the word as you intended.

And by the way, welcome back.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What are you trying to say, Eco?

That Pharma companies, who make money by selling drugs, might be *gasp*, interested in selling drugs?

You think?

Are drugs overprescribed? Are ppl too eager to take a pill when they don't really need to? Are the pharma companies really only interested in maintenance drugs, not cures?

Those might be interesting topics of discussion, that might generate more thoughtful responses.

How about this one:

I think that at least Pharma drugs do something. There are ppl out there actually paying for homeopathic 'remedies' that don't do SHIT. They are the modern equivalent of snake-oil charlatans that are taking ppls fear of Big Pharma & lack of understanding of science & twisting it to their own ends.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

i have a friend who is going through chemo therapy and it isn't doing anything. in fact they just found more cancer.

I had to go to a conference today... one of the speakers was a pharmacist, aka a drug pusher.

The topic was the elevated mortality statistics for patients who were non-compliant with their medication regimes. I thought about eco more than once.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by anachronistic View Post
    I for one am against the idea that people in loony bins are oppressed by being the subjects of experiments. Are they really allowed to distribute prototype drugs to people who are in mental hospitals?
    I did two psychology rotations as a student, LW. One on a university hospital ward & the other as a summer physician's assistant at a high-security psychiatric facility. There were no secret drug experiments going on.

Now, I have heard of less-than-ethical things happening in Africa, with HIV drugs. Lack of informed consent. However, even in the US, many patients are *willing* to take new drugs before they are adequately tested. In fact, these groups *lobby* the gov't to release these drugs early, on whats called 'fast tracking'. Its buyer beware, in these cases.

No company wants to produce a drug that kills ppl. Bad for sales, you know.

But, even still, any drug that wants to make it to market in the US/Canada/Urp has to submit a *very* detailed amount of pre-clinical & clinical data that is extensively reviewed by the FDA (or equivalent) and external reviewers.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    i have a friend who is going through chemo therapy and it isn't doing anything. in fact they just found more cancer.
    That sucks. I've had a couple friends pass away from cancer.

These are the folks I'm talking about, tho. Any of them would *die*, literally, for the *chance* to take a drug that MIGHT give them hope of beating their cancer.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast