+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: don't take drugs....they are bad for you

Quote Originally Posted by anachronistic View Post
    I found 2 refs:

[url]www.naturalnews.com/001481.html[/url]

[url]www.friendsoffreedominternational.org/articles.php?offset=2125&command[/url] =showall
    ive never heard of that second website....having a look now
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    Um, John Ashcroft has been out of office since 2005.
    Richard Ashcroft on the other hand is a great musician. Music is more political than politics is.

Eco on one hand I understand where you are coming from. Good nutrition, exercise etc should be the first thing people think of to assist with overall well being.

With that said I have known people who suffer from severe manic depression. Let me tell you it aint pretty. It didn't matter that their diet was great or that they exercised and had enough Omega 3 and 6. The only thing that assisted were drugs. I hate to say it but I have a very good friend who would have taken his life if it weren't for the medication he was put on. I also have just read a biography on a guy called Stuart Goddard (Adam Ant to most) and he suffered his entire life from Bi Polar. He was a clean living rock star who worked out etc and until he had a major episode (he also tried to kill himself years before) before anything prescribed to him. he is now doing well and a lot more balanced.

My experiences on the other hand haven't been as positive. I was put on an anti depressant for my PMS and it was awful. It also had withdrawal symptoms when I tried to get off it.

So I guess what I am saying is that it is a case by case basis. Some things work for some people. I believe in investigating natural therapies as well as medicine. To be completely dismissive of either I think is a bit misguided.

Um, John Ashcroft has been out of office since 2005.
    haha starbuck you make me laugh....it was the patriot act they were referring to.....and if its not ashcroft it will be someone else....anyway it was meant to point out the bush admin's extreme behavior towards the public
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

ye dasein i have to say i'm not 100% dissmissive....and i have had some people on lf unable to understand that aspect....i call it survival....i will go for the natural way first.....if in the end it doesn't work then yes i will go with whats left....pharma....but what i am pointing out is that people are taking too many drugs and too many people are unnecessarily labeled and drugged...too many... and i believe its sometimes out of their control
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 25-09-08 at 12:46 PM.

.com websites are not generally considered appropriate sources for academic discussions, lilwing. As a college student, I'd have thought you would know this, although I suppose eco may not, being from Ireland.

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    .com websites are not generally considered appropriate sources for academic discussions, lilwing. As a college student, I'd have thought you would know this, although I suppose eco may not, being from Ireland.
    'course lilwing knew that. He was just posting the reference for you. Be thankful.

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    'course lilwing knew that. He was just posting the reference for you. Be thankful.

Then tell me, smartpants, why is it lilwing posted a reference to eco's post in the first place?

shh! are you having a problem discussing the article....it was a point of view not a study....whats your problem???? getting a hissy fit? maybe you should take those expired drugs you have?????jk

I want the link so I can see how much weight I should give the argument you are presenting. Since it's a .com site (which means it could be authored by literally anyone), I don't give it much (if any) weight. On the other hand, had you posted something from an education site (.edu) where research was done, I would have given it more consideration. Instead, your site throws around "facts" that are not substantiated by a link to a reputable source.

This is not a "hissy fit", this is the very first thing you learn about presenting a cogent argument in any college 101 class: you can't believe everything you read on the internet. Actually, I believe any semi-intelligent high school kid knows it, too.

Anyway, I am growing kind of bored with this thread.
    Last edited by shh!; 25-09-08 at 01:18 PM.

ok grandma....end of discussion with you then.....i don't mind.....its a point of view thats all.....its funny you can't bring yourself to discuss it....there were no facts as such presented....it was an opinion that i found interesting....granny

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    Then tell me, smartpants, why is it lilwing posted a reference to eco's post in the first place?
    For the lulz.

Don't you see down at the bottom next to copyright stuff? "All content posted on this site is commentary or opinion and is protected under Free Speech."

I thought you would have seen that. But now I am sad because you didn't. *wilts*

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    haha starbuck you make me laugh....it was the patriot act they were referring to.....and if its not ashcroft it will be someone else....anyway it was meant to point out the bush admin's extreme behavior towards the public
    My point was that you were posting an "article" that was 3 years old. With no sources, as others mentioned. It sounded much more like a random rant from a wing-nut website, than anything factual.

All that crap about Americans being overmedicated zombies that let warmongers bomb Iraq because we're too drugged up. We actually had unprecedented numbers coming out in protest over the Iraq war. They were marching the streets of major cities for months before it started. Most of them people who had never picked up a banner or chanted slogans in their lives.

On a side note: It's not his administration's "behavior", it's his administration's policies that affect people.
    Last edited by starbuck; 25-09-08 at 07:16 PM.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    What are you trying to say, Eco?

That Pharma companies, who make money by selling drugs, might be *gasp*, interested in selling drugs?

You think?

Are drugs overprescribed? Are ppl too eager to take a pill when they don't really need to? Are the pharma companies really only interested in maintenance drugs, not cures?

Those might be interesting topics of discussion, that might generate more thoughtful responses.

How about this one:

I think that at least Pharma drugs do something. There are ppl out there actually paying for homeopathic 'remedies' that don't do SHIT. They are the modern equivalent of snake-oil charlatans that are taking ppls fear of Big Pharma & lack of understanding of science & twisting it to their own ends.
    Indie for mod.

My point was that you were posting an "article" that was 3 years old. With no sources, as others mentioned. It sounded much more like a random rant from a wing-nut website, than anything factual.

All that crap about Americans being overmedicated zombies that let warmongers bomb Iraq because we're too drugged up. We actually had unprecedented numbers coming out in protest over the Iraq war. They were marching the streets of major cities for months before it started. Most of them people who had never picked up a banner or chanted slogans in their lives.

On a side note: It's not his administration's "behavior", it's his administration's policies that affect people.
    so the article was over 3 years old...i'm glad you finally read it to give a worthy opinion...so what? its old not new....an opinion....but interesting in my view

Americans ARE over medicated and you discussed this earlier with Shh in this thread....so it hasn't come from thin air or someones crazy imagination.....

they were marching...good...glad that some americans stand up

splitting hairs about behavior/policy....its helps the discussion in a reasonable way.....haha

i see you don't have anything substantial to contribute....c'mon starbuck of all people i thought you would

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast