+ Follow This Topic
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: don't take drugs....they are bad for you

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Ads convince ppl to BUY things?? Really?? .
    well i'm glad you see that....coz for a while there i thought you couldn't....well i'll spell it out again...considering the industry and how they affect peoples lives it is ethically wrong in this industry to convince people to buy something they don't neccessarily need if they just did a bit of healthy living.....people want the quick and easy way out....like i said before...pop a pill rather than making a real effort to change their lives and when faced with doctors who have been profiled and manipulated by sales reps and advertising...well it becomes and easy way to solve the problem a person may think they have

as a business they have it made and keep making it at the expense of people and their quality of life

you do realise they dismiss herbs because they can't patent them and have actually gone as far as vilifying them.....ye they really do want to save lives.....if they can save lives in the process then they are put on a pedestal by the public

its an unethical business that needs to be changed
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Eco, are you also going to ban adverts for Potato Chips? Or MacDonald's?

There is just as much of a health crisis, if not more, from those things than from drug adverts.

That's not to say that either are good. But you need to sort out in your mind whether your issue is with responsible advertising & media reporting, or pharmaceutical industry safety.

Seems to me you are confused which issue you want to discuss. Pick one, and let us know.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

thing is indie....this advertising has been going on for decades....do you think children have the ability to understand whats really going on?? its a mindset drilled into them and as they grow up they continue to believe.....just like their parents before them and their parents before them.....overall its a very clever business strategy....but an unethical one.....well mcdonalds and potatoe chips aren't as deadly and do you think people trust these products the way people trust the pharma industry........
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Okay, so it seems your issue is actually with advertising. Pharma is just the drum you are choosing to beat. I get it.

Actually, junk food & fast food is causing the worst health epidemic the Western world has ever seen. Childhood rates of obesity & type2 diabetes have never been so high. Its directly related to poor diet & inactivity.

As for children & advertising, again, you are ignorant in this regard. There are national programs run through schools & agencies such as the Heart & Stroke Foundation that teach K to 5 kids programs such as 'Ad Busters', which teaches them about the insidious nature of advertising. So, reeducation is possible.

Now. I'd like to see you actually address the comment *I* have made, TWICE now about the reason for the problems with pharma. At least demonstrate you understand what you read, if you can.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

you seem to be getting a little annoyed. Ive made my argument and i keep having to repeat myself to you....yes it is the advertising of drugs and sales reps....seriously its taken you this long....c'mon....i've been saying this all along. well i'm glad to hear there are programes for children like ad busters...at least some things are being done....it still doesn't address the problem of some weaker people in the population that are being manipulated....

and what are the figures of how many children are being educated on this ad busters....i think that is fantastic and i'm glad you told me.

yes junk food is a problem and its leading people towards the pharma industry eventually if people don't get the right advice from their doctors rather than a quick and easy pill.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I never get annoyed by argument, EJ. No worries, I know what I know.

The problem with pharma safety is NOT advertising. You don't understand what I wrote earlier, do you? Its okay, its a complex idea. Just ask if you don't understand.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

look indie i appreciate your honesty and you are well able to debate without the name calling that people usually resort to when they can't understand......but i have made comments already about whats wrong with the industry with the intricate problems and as a whole...i guess you'll never understand the ethics involved
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 26-09-08 at 12:11 AM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Bowing out, are you? LOL. Okay, hun. No problem. Keep riding that bandwagon. Ethics are fine as a guidepost. Ultimately, however, one needs to actually *solve* a problem.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

i will because its something i believe

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    But you don't actually understand the problem fully. All you have convinced me of is your ignorance & a willingness to argue without a clear goal in mind.

Belief is one thing. Actually *doing* something useful with a belief is something else entirely.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

But you don't actually understand the problem fully. All you have convinced me of is your ignorance & a willingness to argue without a clear goal in mind.

Belief is one thing. Actually *doing* something useful with a belief is something else entirely.

oh indie did you not read my comments....i made suggestions as to what i think should be done....i don't have all the answers....but i'm not blind to whats going on like you are unfortunately

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Now you ARE trying to insult me. Silly girl.

The only thing you said was that drug companies need to become 'more ethical' and not advertise.

I already explained why the latter doesn't solve the problem. And the former is a statement of problem, not a suggestion of a solution.

You sound like someone studying naturopathy or something like. Are you?

FWIW, DM already stated my background in another thread.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

i'm not trying to insult you. You just don't want to understand what i'm saying....thats up to you....blind faith works for you

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I understand completely what you are saying. You just aren't saying very much. Actually, EJ, blind faith doesn't work for me at all. Its the complete antithesis to how I run my life & work. That would be your own problem you are describing, its good you recognize it.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I understand completely what you are saying. You just aren't saying very much. Actually, EJ, blind faith doesn't work for me at all. Its the complete antithesis to how I run my life & work. That would be your own problem you are describing, its good you recognize it.
    that comment has just proved that you havent understood anything i've written.....i hope it works out for you

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast