+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Have strong feelings for my friend that is in a relationship.......

Have strong feelings for my friend that is in a relationship.......

Hey how is everybody doing? well i just wanted to explain my situation now that i feel i am trapped in a crack in the system so to speak.
    I have known my friend for a while. We are very good friends and ALWAYS have a good time when we are together. The problem is that she has a boyfriend right now. I really like her a lot and want to be with her, but the other guy is in the way. Believe me if she wasnt with him i would have already made a move its just i really dont want to get in between because i feel it isnt right and i know that breaking them up will only come back to haunt me because it could happen to me once i am with her. The guy seems decent ive spoken with him but honestly i really feel that there is a better chemistry between me and her.
    I know i should be thinking with my head because thinking with my heart might make it worse because just how i think that really telling her how i feel is what i should i do it might backfire because i could make her feel uncomfortable thinking what will she do now that she knows how i feel and put her in a bad position between her boyfriend and me.

I really dont know what to do. I know the most common answer that i will get is the one my head is telling me. Just let it go its not going to work out and to find someone else and ive done that its just that no one makes me feel better than her and i just want to burst it out. But this is real life and not a movie and in real life you dont always get a happy ending. My heart tells me go get her but my head tells me to let it go. WHAT SHOULD I DO?
    Sorry if it was too long. Just a personal dilema and dont know what to do. appreciate the help.

Sorry if it was too long

I recommend you just stay friends and if her and her bf don't work out in the future then you can make a move.

You should also respect the fact that she is already in a relationship because you would hate if that happened to you right?

Also telling her you like her may backfire and your friendship could become awkward if she doesn't feel the same..

I think you may be putting your friendship at stake if you make a move now. She's in a relationship, so you can't expect her to drop everything. If it were me, I'd suck it up and continue being friends with her and maybe if they break up, then you could make a move.