+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm 17 and need some help regarding testosterone

I'm 17 and need some help regarding testosterone

Okay I am currently aged 17 and I believe I show many signs that suggest I have low testosterone levels:
    Lack of growth spurts
    Little facial hair which developed late
    Voice which has lowered but still not low and only occured recently
    Little chest hair which developed late
    Slight moobs
    Not very defined jawline or facial structure
    Lack of physical energy

Firstly, do you believe these are signs of lack of testosterone?

I've been doing some research and I would prefer not to have any medical or artificial means of increasing hormones and I've heard green vegetables like brocolli or cress, garlic and almonds are all good at increasing testosterone (I lack those in my diet)

Are those correct and do you have any more suggestions?

Finally, I'm currently 17 and I would like to know what the possible effects of increased testosterone would have on me?

Honestly, if you are really worried (and I'm not saying you SHOULD be), I'd suggest seeing an endocrinologist. The options you mentioned may have some impact, but probably not much, if any at all.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Are you overweight by any chance?
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

people don't say i am but i'm extremely self conscious, i've lost a lot of weight recently

A lot of the symptoms you mentioned are common in 17 year old boys, for example the lack of facial and chest hair. Growth spurts can occur pretty late, too. How tall are your parents and their relatives? I mean, obviously if your parents are short, you will probably end up short, too.

The moobs (technically called gynecomastia) during teenage years is usually an indication of puberty, and often disappears on its own in a few months. It is related to your changing hormones. Past the age of puberty, it is usually associated with weight gain, a side effect of medications, or even some disease processes.

My best guess is that you are heading into puberty. I know it's later than many of your peers, but it is certainly not unheard of.

k thanks for the response though i do have some chest hair, apparently i'm anorexic so i want to work on that

Sounds like you're just out of shape.

If you're not packing on the pounds.., I wouldn't worry that much about it..

Try..

1. Understanding aromatization.. Realizing that all that manly testosterone in your body will eventually get converted to estrogen..

2. Finding ways to slow down the rate of aromatization of your testosterone..

3. Increase your testosterone production.. (not by intake.., but the rate at which your body produces it)

Supposedly it's supposed to make you hornier.. I haven't really felt sh*t in the sexual desire department.. If anything.., desire is down to absolutely zero..

Get serious about working out.. Wake up at 6am and go running or biking..

When you get back from school or work.., work out for 1-2 hours.. If you're not the type to devote 5 days a week to it.., then at least.. at "least".., get into the habit of working out three days a week and taking a day break between each workout day..

You're going to feel like a completely different person.. Your mood will change.., you'll have more energy.., you'll be more focused and think more clearly.. Basically.., just fcukn' work out already..
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Okay I am currently aged 17 and I believe I show many signs that suggest I have low testosterone levels:
    Lack of growth spurts
    Little facial hair which developed late
    Voice which has lowered but still not low and only occured recently
    Little chest hair which developed late
    Slight moobs
    Not very defined jawline or facial structure
    Lack of physical energy

Firstly, do you believe these are signs of lack of testosterone?

I've been doing some research and I would prefer not to have any medical or artificial means of increasing hormones and I've heard green vegetables like brocolli or cress, garlic and almonds are all good at increasing testosterone (I lack those in my diet)

Are those correct and do you have any more suggestions?

Finally, I'm currently 17 and I would like to know what the possible effects of increased testosterone would have on me?

So I have lack of testosterone too..? Never thought about it. I was just like that when 17.

Its just that some people grow faster, some slower. Some people like me take dumps twice a day and some people take one dump a week.
    Don't expect anything.

Joker, nothing is going to help you if you are anorexic, and therefore malnourished. Get some professional counseling.

Did your doctor told you you are anorexic, Joker? Or did you just made that up?
    Don't expect anything.

well if i haven't eaten for two days and i've been doing this for a couple of months so i don't know whether that is anorexia it is starving myself as i've stopped eating anything that has the slightest bit of fat in it: even healthy chicken and so forth

Your body requires a small amount of fat for good health and normal hormone activity, and you certainly shouldn't be avoiding food altogether. Quit doing stupid things with your diet. Eat healthy and get exercise.

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You definitely need fats in your body to increase testosterone ... that with good sleep and some weightlifting routines will get your testosterone levels up.

I'd start eating first though.
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

well, IN your case you need to see a doctor but need not to worry because worrying is gonna affect it. Just a healthy diet and take food supplements.
    [URL="http://www.designerbrandsapparel.com/"]Great Apparels[/URL]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast