+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: starbuck's update thread

I do believe we need to create a list of what we require in a partner, what is nice but not necessary.

I thought I would never date a short guy, etc. Now my list has reversed. I like for the guy to be at my height for good reasons. Wow, why was I ever with a man 6'4". I couldn't do anything with him. hehe. Well he liked picking me up. That's good for tall men.

I don't think a list really would work for me anymore. I had one in my head... but the new girl I met is really the opposite of a lot of them and I think that has attracted me to her even more.
    I don't chase, I replace.

I guess it all comes down to a very careful balance between realistic and idealistic. There are two extremes that pull a person in the opposite directions. On the one hand no one wants be lonely and spend the rest of their lives on their own, on the other hand no one wants to spend the rest of their life with a person who drives them insane or someone who is just wrong. These are two extremes, but between them there's a ripe pasture of choices and careful balancing acts.

I think, the main obstacle is that the clock is ticking. We're not given a lot of time in this life to think and think and think. At the end the choice we make will most likely be imperfect, we only get to decide to what extent.
    Last edited by Mish; 29-09-08 at 10:24 AM.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

It's nice to all the responses to this thread. It's giving me alot to chew on.

I had so much I wanted to add tonight, but now I am coming down with a cold, so I'm feeling like crap. I'll have to post more when I'm not all hopped up on robotussin. My thoughts are barely lucid right now.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    I do believe we need to create a list of what we require in a partner, what is nice but not necessary.

I thought I would never date a short guy, etc. Now my list has reversed. I like for the guy to be at my height for good reasons. Wow, why was I ever with a man 6'4". I couldn't do anything with him. hehe. Well he liked picking me up. That's good for tall men.
    Good talk is the quintessential thing.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    60 is way too fuccking old for you starbuck

And sloth is way too much of a douchebag

Keep looking

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    60 is way too fuccking old for you starbuck

And sloth is way too much of a douchebag

Keep looking
    I think this is the conclusion I'm coming to. Indie asked in an earlier post if he activates a "sympathy response" in me? And I think he does, very much so. I am still struggling with some guilt over our breakup. I know I have to get over this.

I feel pretty good about just going down the single route at the moment. One of my best girlfriends (who is also single) just moved back to the city and we're already planning to go out every weekend and have fun.

She's perfect to go out with because she's a tall, skinny blond and I'm a short, voluptuous brunette, so I have a feeling a guy who likes my type might not go for her and vice versa.

She and I were having that "biological clock talk" this weekend and joked that if we both didn't find men in five years, we'd raise a kid together.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    I feel pretty good about just going down the single route at the moment. One of my best girlfriends (who is also single) just moved back to the city and we're already planning to go out every weekend and have fun.
    There ya go! Make the most of being single

She's perfect to go out with because she's a tall, skinny blond and I'm a short, voluptuous brunette, so I have a feeling a guy who likes my type might not go for her and vice versa.
    That would be so hot for a threesome

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    That would be so hot for a threesome
    LOL, one track mind. I love it.

While normally I would be into entertaining that thought, I'm so sick right now I can't even think about a cougar 3-way. Unless you want a snotty one. *sniffles and coughs*

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Awww, get better starbuck. I just got over a mild cold I caught from my roommate

Drink those fluids!

I think this is the conclusion I'm coming to. Indie asked in an earlier post if he activates a "sympathy response" in me? And I think he does, very much so. I am still struggling with some guilt over our breakup. I know I have to get over this.

She and I were having that "biological clock talk" this weekend and joked that if we both didn't find men in five years, we'd raise a kid together.
    Starbuck, if you're in the mood to try some fresh blood, I'm willing to fly to NY just to meet you.

Anyway, this is a great thread! Everyone in the forum should have one of these.

For now just enjoy life, at 37 you're still very attractive IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    Starbuck, if you're in the mood to try some fresh blood, I'm willing to fly to NY just to meet you.

What do you have, cupid's arrow?

" Nothing is a waste of time, if you use the experience wisely."
    => Auguste Rodin

Quote Originally Posted by Kromat View Post
    What do you have, cupid's arrow?
    Yeah.

It's a shame my arrows don't work for the person who needs them most - myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post

You guys all spoil me I swear!

So I thought I'd post another dating update. Here seemed like a good place, so I bumped this thread.

I have just started ANOTHER online "relationship" with a new guy. He wrote me on an online dating site and we texted all through the holidays (there was no privacy at my parent's house, so as much as I hate it, texting was the best communication method). Have moved on to phone calls, which is much nicer. He is a theatre technician, and seems very hard-working. He's also in his thirties, so yay for age appropriateness. However, he lives in Vegas.

It sort of begs the question, "Why can't I meet guys in NYC?" And the answer is, I can and do, but for some reason, the ones I'm really attracted to are farther away.

Makes me wonder if I'm somewhat commitment-phobic that I would have stronger attractions to the guys who are not easily accessible. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by starbuck; 27-12-08 at 08:31 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast