+ Follow This Topic

Thread: CONFUSED feelings. friend or partner?

CONFUSED feelings. friend or partner?

okay, im currently on a break with my girlfriend of 5 months, who i have very strong feelings for, compared to anything or anyone i've ever known, (besides parents maybe?) yes, im young, dont have as much experience as some, but this girl is amazing.

you see, ive known her for maybe 2 years all up, but only started becoming really close less than a year ago. so, the friends thing was set nicely in place. i'd always liked her more than a friend, but was scared. and she liked me more than a friend, just never told me. told everyone else but me.
    and, so, it all came out, we started going out. 4 months in, her dad passes away, this has made her depressed, angry, all the seven stages of grief. anyway, she couldnt handle being in a relationship. her mind's a mess. so we're on a break, and she doesnt know whether she likes me as a friend or more. she says she's confused. we were friends before, she just doesnt know what to do. what advice or. . .just, what can i do? i know i like her more than a friend. im pretty damn sure she does too. i see why it could kind of be confusing. . but. its hard. tips?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Trying to build a relationship with someone who just lost a parent is NOT optimal timing.

Since you were friends first, I would suggest you tell her you care & that you would like to give her time to grieve. That you don't want to add any pressure on her to do with your relationship at this time. Emphasize the caring part and that you are NOT breaking up with her, just giving her the space she needs by supporting her as a friend.

Leave the ball in her court. She will love you for this if you have something good. Only an asshole would pressure a girl (or guy) when they are going thru a loss like that.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Sound advice above. Give her some space, time, assure her you're there for her if she needs you through this.

Live your life, let her know "you know how to reach me" type of thing, this is her doing not yours.

I'd say give her some time to heal. The death clearly shocked her system.