+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you know any thing about this word "ISLAM" or "Muslim" if you don't enter here

Do you know any thing about this word "ISLAM" or "Muslim" if you don't enter here

The word "Muslim" means one who submits to the will of God. The first principle of Islam is known as the Shahaadah (Testimony of Faith), and is as follows: "There is no one worthy of worship except Allaah (God) and Muhammad is the Final Apostle (Messenger) of God.”

In a broader sense, anyone who willingly submits to the will of God is a Muslim. Thus, all the prophets preceding Prophet Muhammad, , are considered Muslims.

One cannot judge Islam by looking at those individuals who have a Muslim name, but in their actions, they are not living or behaving as Muslims. Muslims are ordinary people like other humans; among them are the good and the bad. They are not infallible creatures and, therefore, make mistakes.

When we mention the characteristics of a Muslim, we do not assume that all Muslims have these characteristics, but only those who follow -- to the best of their abilities -- the teachings of Islam.

We can thus summarize the teachings of Islam about the Muslim character concisely in the following way:

A Muslim is truthful, not dishonest
    He is humble, not arrogant
    He is moderate, not an extremist
    He is honest, not corrupt
    He is reserved, not garrulous
    He is soft-spoken, not boastful
    He is loving and solicitous to others, not unmindful of them
    He is considerate and compassionate, not harsh
    He is polite and helpful, not insulting and disrespectful to people
    He is generous and charitable, not selfish and miserly
    He is refined and gentle in speech, not prone to swearing or cursing
    He is cheerful and generous, not bitter and resentful
    He is grateful for what he has, not ungrateful
    He is cheerful and pleasant, not irritable and gloomy
    He is chaste and pure, not lustful
    He is alert, not absent-minded
    He is dignified and decent, not graceless
    He is sincere and straightforward, not hypocritical
    He is optimistic and hopeful, not cynical or pessimistic
    He is confident and deep in faith, not doubtful and wavering
    He is spiritually oriented, not materialistic
    He always has faith in God’s mercy, not losing heart or becoming desperate
    He is diligent and vigilant, not negligent to his duties
    He is thankful to God and constantly prays to Him, not forgetful of His innumerable blessings

The Muslim personality is balanced. He pays due attention to his body’s needs and his outward appearance, without letting it distract him from nurturing his inner characteristics, as befits man whom God has honored and made His angels prostrate to him, and subjugated for his benefit all that is in the heaven and earth. The Muslim is also concerned with that which will form sound intellectual development and ways of thinking, so that he understands the nature and essence of things. He does not forget that man is not only composed of body and mind, but he also possesses a soul and a spirit, and feels a longing for higher things that makes him rise above this materialistic life and ascend the heights of goodness, virtue and light. Therefore, he pays as much attention to his spiritual development as he does to his physical and intellectual development, in a precisely balanced fashion, which does not concentrate on one aspect to the disadvantage of others.

With his parents, he is an example of sincere filial piety, good treatment, infinite compassion, politeness and deep gratitude.

With his wife, he is an example of good and kind treatment, intelligent handling, deep understanding and proper fulfillment of his responsibilities and duties.

With his children, he is a parent who understands his great responsibility towards them. Although he floods them with love and compassion, he pays attention to things that may affect their Islamic upbringing.

With his relatives, he maintains the ties of kinship and knows his duties toward them. He understands the high status given to relatives in Islam, which makes him remain in touch with them regardless of the circumstances.

With his neighbors, the true Muslim is an example of good treatment and consideration of others’ feelings and sensitivities. He puts up with mistreatment and turns a blind eye to his neighbor’s faults while avoiding committing any such errors himself. He always adopts the Islamic attitude, whereby treating neighbors well was made a basic principle of Islam. His relationship with his brothers and friends is the best and purest of relationships, for it is based on love for the sake of God. This pure, sincere, brotherly love derives its purity from the guidance of the Quran and Sunnah (traditions and approved actions of Prophet Muhammad, ) that became a unique system in the history of human relations.

In his social relationships with all people, he is well mannered, civil and noble, characterized by the attitudes which Islam encourages. Good behavior which is taught in the Quran and Sunnah, has been made a religious duty in Islam, for which man will be brought to account.

This is the clear, beautiful picture of the Muslim whose personality has been formed by Islam and whose heart, mind and soul are filled with its divine light.

The development of a society is not measured solely in terms of its scientific achievements and material inventions. There is another, more important standard by which a society is measured. That is the prevalence of human values such as love, empathy, altruism, sacrifice, uprightness and purity of thought, behavior and dealings with others.

If individuals are the basis of a society, then rightly guided societies pay attention to human development and enhance the positive, constructive aspects while seeking to eliminate evil, destructive motives, so that the individual will become a model citizen. It is from groups of such model citizens that clean, civil, strong, healthy, righteous societies are formed.

for more details send me on my mail or search on google for the word ISLAMWEB

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Nobody here will bash you because you're muslim, I assure you.

But they will bash you because you're a theist.

What is it like being a Muslima? Do you feel equal or somewhat equal in decision-making, etc?

They both fall under the same category called lies.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post

But they will bash you because you're a theist.
    No we bash them because they lie.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Hey, hey,

can you keep your religion to yourself?

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That's funny, I know lots of people that are all those good things you mentioned, and they aren't Muslim. In fact, they aren't even religious.

Crazy huh?
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

hello everybody
    i wish you agood day

and i wanna say something if you will bashme becaude im muslim or thiest its honor for me
    but muslims don't lie ever

buut i want you to know onething only
    once i thought what if i didn't born muslim ?

and what about those who don't no any thing about islam
    even islam is mentioned in the Christianity!

and i knew also that two american people became muslim after they made search on the web around the ISLAM and MUSLIM words

so that i'd like to invite you to do

try to think thinking is apart of humanity

thanks for all
    and m best wishes for you all

How can Islam be mentioned in Christianity when Christianity predates it by six or seven hundred years?

Confidence in Allah

Do you ever have doubts about Allah's Abilities? Not necessarily expressing it, but deep inside, do you find yourself saying, "No... I don't think Allah could do that"? As Muslims we should have unshakable confidence that Allah has Ultimate Sovereignty over this Universe. He controls everything, and nothing happens without His Will. Do you know why we sometimes fall into this mistake? It’s because we correlate Allah's Ultimate Abilities with the appearance of the results that we want to see. If we want something specific to happen, like someone dear to us that is severely ill, to become well, and we pray to Allah for this and then this person dies, doubt starts to crawl into our hearts. We start, in our subconscious, to doubt that Allah has the ability to cure. Allah Has Ultimate Wisdom, and it is not always that we grasp the wisdom in different things. But because we are sure that Allah is The Most Merciful, we are certain that what ever happens is for our benefit. We must have firm belief in Allah's Sovereignty and Ability. It’s a Divine Law: If you have unshakable belief in Allah, He will help you.

For example, when Moses (pbuh) fled with the Children of Israel from Egypt and they found themselves in front of the Red Sea with the Pharaoh's army behind them and there was no way out, what happened? The Children of Israel said, "We are sure to be overtaken." (26:62). But Moses (pbuh) was certain that Allah has power over all things and could get them out of this situation, with confidence, "(Moses) said: "By no means! My Lord is with me! Soon will He guide me!" (26:63). He didn't know "how" Allah will help him, but he was sure that Allah "will" help him. So Allah ordered him to hit the water with his staff and the sea split open making a path between two mountains of water. Allah, The Creator, changed the properties of water, He is the One that decreed them in the first place and He is One that could change them if He wishes.

Take another example. When Abraham (pbuh) was thrown by a catapult towards a huge bonfire and while flying in the air, Jibreel (Gabriel) came to him asking, "Need any help?" Abraham replied, "From you? No thanks". Abraham was confident, totally confident that Allah Sees and Hears what's happening, and that if Allah wants to save him, He will. And that's what happened, Abraham was saved, but how? Did Allah order the sky to rain and turn out the fire? Did Allah order the wind to blow Abraham off course so that he wouldn’t fall into the fire? No. Allah changed the properties of fire and ordered it to be cool and safe for Abraham. Why did Allah do this? One reason is so that people would know that Allah is in control of everything and to strengthen their faith in His Ability. It was so that we Muslims in the 21st century realize that we worship The King of this whole universe and that nothing happens without His permission and that He has the ability to do anything He wills.

Allah says, "With Him are the keys of the unseen, the treasures that none knows but He. He knows whatever there is on the earth and in the sea. There isn't a leaf that falls but with His knowledge: there is not a grain in the darkness (or depths) of the earth, nor anything fresh or dry (green or withered), but is (inscribed) in a record clear (to those who can read)". (6:59). Do you see the how Great and Knowledgeable Allah is? And guess what? We Muslims believe in Him and obey Him. We depend on Him and He is there to help us.... What then could possibly go wrong?

In another verse Allah says, "Say: ‘O Allah. Lord of Power (And Rule), You give power to whom You please, and You strip off power from whom You please: You endue with honor whom You please, and You bring low whom You please: In Your hand is all good. Verily, over all things You have power’" (3:26). See how powerful Allah is? Imagine if your Boss at work, the Dean of your college, or the Principle of your school was your father and he promised you that he would help you with what ever you need. Imagine the feeling of security you will have, imagine the confidence you will feel. Now think about this; The Ruler of this whole universe is Allah, The Powerful, The Merciful, The Ever Living, and He says, "Behold! Verily on the friends of Allah there is no fear, nor shall they grieve; Those who believe and (constantly) guard against evil;- For them are glad tidings, in the life of the present and in the Hereafter; no change can there be in the words of Allah. This is indeed the supreme felicity." (10:62-64).

Brothers and Sisters, lets reinforce our confidence in Allah. Lets turn to Him with humbleness and devotion, and ask Him to help us revive our Ummah. He is the One who Gives Life, lets ask Him to give life to our Ummah. He is the Guider to The Straight Path, lets beg Him to Guide us all. Nothing is difficult for Allah. When Allah ordered Noah (pbuh) to build an ark (boat), Noah was in the middle of the desert where there was no sea or river, but because he had confidence in Allah, he got to work. To a non-Believer it would seem insane to built an ark in the middle of the desert, a waste of time. But when the flood started, the wisdom behind building the ark became obvious. Today we are building an ark that seems nonsense to a non-Muslim, or may even seem as a waste of time for a weak Muslim. The ark we are building today is "Until they change themselves". It needs lots of work and may seem pointless to many. But the day will come when those who participated in building this ark will succeed, and those who wandered away will regret. Lets get to work, all of us, because this ark needs a lot of effort, patience, and confidence in Allah!

if you don't know an thing about ISLAM and MUSLIM
    try to search for these words on google
    ISLAM MUSLIMS

good luck

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    So Allah can do anything? Can he create a rock so heavy that even he can't lift it?
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

thats weird shh, i didn't know that, i thought islam was a break away religion from the jewish religion? didn't christianity come after that?
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Nope.

1. Judaism
    2. Christianity
    3. Islam

Of course, Christians likewise claim that Jesus was talked about in Jewish scripture, so I guess it isn't surprising that subsequent religions do the same. Both Christianity and Islam accept the prophets of the previous religions, though. They just think THEIR prophet was more important.
    Last edited by shh!; 06-10-08 at 03:43 AM.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by egyptian girl View Post
    buut i want you to know one thing only
    once i thought what if i didn't born muslim ?

and what about those who don't no any thing about islam
    That's funny because the Christians say the same thing about heathens who don't know about Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    So Allah can do anything? Can he create a rock so heavy that even he can't lift it?

of course allah "god" can do an thing
    create the rock and lift it

so try to think who create the rocks around us or the sky the whole earth

if you have any other qustion i'll answer you happily
    my best wishesfor you

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Wait just a minute.

I didn't ask if he could create a rock he could lift.

I asked if he could create a rock he couldn't lift.

If Allah isn't capable of creating a rock so huge that even he can't lift it, obviously he isn't all powerful.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast