+ Follow This Topic
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: culture

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    "People", is everyone.

So that means you were referring to me, and Lipp, and...everyone.

So everyone has a right to take what you say to heart, because you're directing it towards them.
    did i write 'everyone'? no i didn't. I wasn't referring to everyone, just clarifying for anyone who believes that.

on topic, i would also choose the Australian culture if i had to. great country.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    lipp i didn't bash shh, i simply said that i didn't believe her, why are you twisting it to a bashing session i supposedly had with her?!!!

seriously lipp, there is no point in responding to you if you're going twist things.

as a person who was once poor, i felt insulted by what shh said. something you freely admitted you know nothing about.
    Right, so you said that you didn't believe her in what you would consider a non-bashing way , but as soon as someone puts forward a valid argument that you don't believe in you feel insulted. That's really not hypocritical at all.

book smart helps if you want to be a doctor/engineer/teacher and experience is also necessary, but booksmarts are not necessary when it comes down to having an open mind and imagination and openness to cultures

what the american people consider poverty compared to other countries is completely different because america is a rich country.
    And you can't claim to know more than they do. Just as based on my experiences I'd might not consider you poor if you had eaten something in the last week.
    now i'm done with this.
    Thank you. You won't be missed.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    God, I hate people who disparage "book smarts". Those are usually people who are terribly ashamed of not going to college and trying their damnedest to convince themselves they made the right choice. That or they're just dirt stupid.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314