+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Controlling my emotions?

Controlling my emotions?

The title is rather vague. But there are some times when I say things in the heat of the moment that I would like to take back. They aren't mean or anything but I feel bad about saying them. Like for instance my gf's birthday is tomorrow and she is with her dad and grandma in Airzona cause her grandfather died recently. Well up until this morning she said she was coming home tonight so that we can be together for her birthday.

But tonight she told me she isn't coming home until Friday morning early. I was fairly sad and bummed about it because I had made plans for her birthday but I told her that since she isn't coming home until friday morning that the plans I had for thursday, for her birthday, were ruined.

Now I feel sad because I dont get to spend or see my girlfriend on her birthday, I feel guilty for feeling that way because she is spending time with her family, and I feel bad for saying that the plans were ruined.

So am I a horrible jerk for saying that? My gf said she wasn't mad but my 6th sense is telling me that she is just saying that, that she is mad.

Yeh she might be mad, but it doesn't mean you're a horrible jerk for saying it. You were sad and it slipped out, happens to everyone sometimse. I'd be surprised if she holds it against you for any lengthy period of time. Maybe, give her some chocolates and take her out to see something funny.

There's a great art of making it up to people. Exercise it.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

You have to understand her situation. Burial just happened once and its also a sort of family gathering. You have to think that whose with her her was her family. Shes trying to go back the night before her birthday but maybe there could be more important things to face/do/finish. Anyways, you can have that birthday plans soon when she came back.

Don't think negative with your gf, that she is mad because that also brought another confusion, another side effects (lol!)(negative) which leads to hurting (yourself.)

Be patient and open-minded!

while you say I am not a horrible jerk, I don't want something like this to happen again because it makes me feel pretty bad. I talked to her very close friend and told her what happened and she kinda said the same thing, that ya she might be mad but dont beat myself up over it. I do because I love my girlfriend and I hate to see her mad or sad. Plus to me, I see how bad it can get and I dont ever want anything like that to happen. I know we all have our flaws and whatnot but for me, this is one flaw I want to get rid of and hopefully someone can tell me how or give me advice on it

Quote Originally Posted by MavViper View Post
    I do because I love my girlfriend and I hate to see her mad or sad.
    Well, if you don't want to see her sad do something to make her feel happy. And better a few little somethings than one big something.

Quote Originally Posted by MavViper View Post
    I know we all have our flaws and whatnot but for me, this is one flaw I want to get rid of and hopefully someone can tell me how or give me advice on it
    How do you control your emotions? Just be cool, be positive, don't be hasty and don't jump to conclusions. If something you don't like happens take a deep breath and don't do or say anything. Think it over for awhile and then if you feel it has to come out, the let it out. More often than not, first reactions are wrong.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

how's this for a twist. Well so I planned on going over there tonight and leaving her flowers and roses. Well come to find out her and her dad came home early. They came home right before the debate, they watched the debate and I guess she went straight to sleep and turned off her phone.

Not sure why exactly she didn't tell me, but I left the flowers and roses there anyways and I had a talk with her dad. He was kind of surprised she didn't tell me. But I am not going to tell her I was over there until she realizes it herself when she wakes up in the morning.

Anyone care to decipher this?