+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I Stick Around Or Leave While I Can?!

Should I Stick Around Or Leave While I Can?!

I've been dating this guy since May.. he's 23, I'm 21. He's absolutely amazing. The only thing that sucks about him is that he doesn't want a relationship right now.
    He says if he's going to be in one, he wants it to be serious and he's not ready for that now. We are both in school and work full time so we are def busy. We are having sex. He brings me around his family, friends, we go out, I've even told him I wanted to stop having sex, thinking that was all he was in it for and he says that's fine he's not in it for sex. We don't talk everyday, but a lot of that is my fault b/c I rarely write or call him, he's always the one to do it. He tells me he loves hanging out with me, thinks I'm amazing, all that great stuff but just isn't ready for a serious relationship just yet. He did get out of a 3 year relationship about a year ago, and this girl hurt him, so when I have talked to him about us, I feel like maybe he's scared of getting hurt again. I know for a fact (and so does everyone else) he is not seeing anyone else.. it's just me. I could call him at 4am, tell him I'm coming over and he wouldn't have a problem with it. He is never ever rude to me, and we never go more than maybe a day without talking. It's not like he disappears for 2 weeks and then comes back and we have sex. He's never said this is all we are ever going to be.

I just want to know anyone else's opinion of what this seems like...
    Any help would be much appreciated!!!

Tough one. A one year break is pretty long, so I think he should be over it by now. What's his answer when you talk to him about it?

He seems to be up front and honest, so I think you should appreciate that, and if you just love it when he's around, just be together and enjoy it. If you move to a point where you just feel so strongly that you need the complete full commitment, it may be a make or break situation where you could possibly be hurt, but it's probably worth the game.

My vote: stick around.