+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Matching Size, Weight/ Height

Matching Size, Weight/ Height

I'm a guy and I was noticing recently that I've seen girls that seem to be about my same height and weight. What I can't tell though is if they weigh more than me if they seem the same mass and height.

I'm wondering if anyone here has had boyfriends/girlfriend of same height and weight or if they have ever had the issue of trying to determine if the man/woman weighs more/less than them before approaching to determine if they are a good candidate.

I'm a bit on the light side for my height( 5'4" and 115lbs at the moment I think) so it could be possible for a girl my height to weigh more even if she looks about the same. Of course as you see the person more up close you would eventually know. But otherwise its hard to tell. I just want to approach a girl that is a good match. Wondering how close others have come in this area and what thoughts they have given to it.
    Last edited by blue_new; 06-10-08 at 02:54 AM. Reason: spell

i think maybe your hormones will tell ya if you're a match physically, if you're both attracted to each other. doesn't mean your personalities will match tho....i'm not sure exact weight and height have much to do with being a match. although they do say that people who look alike are attracted to each other.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

I get the part about looking the same. What I mean is a person who looks very very similar with facial features, but who might be ruled out because she might weigh more than me because I'm on the light side. Same would go for visa versa.

the thing is girls especially fluctuate with weight, so it's not really a definitive measure i don't really think anyway. i mean some women may stay the same weight all their lives but i think majority will fluctuate now and then and especially when in their early 20's and younger
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

ok, true. Also, I'm not asking for a solution to determining such things, as that can't be done. But looking for others that may have been in this situation or those who have had similar or different thoughts about this issue. I'm also early twenties.

I don't understand what you are thinking... are you wanting to rule girls out that weigh the same as you or more? Because you are quite thin, and grown females of that height - even in the best of shape - are likely to weigh what you do, or even a bit more. Women have a larger percentage of body fat than males do. You are probably quite young still, and haven't yet reached your adult body weight, which often doesn't happen for males until they are in their early to mid 20s. I don't suggest you go asking girls to get on a scale before you ask them out. You'll catch up.... just ask out the ones you like and are attracted to.

Actually I am mid between 20 and 30 right now. But I've always been very slow to age. I could pass for 18 if I wanted to. But what I meant is I normally look for girls who are very small (and young looking too), but when they get close to my mass I'm not sure if they are more massive than me at my same height. Or even if we are the same exact height and weight how that will feel to them. Same height and weight seems to make sense to me, but if I could hear others that have actually had a boyfriend girlfriend of same height and weight that would be interesting to hear.

My friend's been dating a girl who's about the same size as him for a year now, and they seem perfectly happy together.

I think you should focus more on the personality and less on the...uh...mass.