+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Long Distance

Long Distance

My girlfriend of about a year just left for utah. (im in va)
    She is going to college there and we have been together all the while. Now, about 2 months into it, i just dont know what the best thing is. I will be goin to college soon and it just seems so hopeless, but there is a good connection between us. The best either of us have ever felt. Should i hold on to the rare gift of love, or set us both free?

For me, I cant go with the long distance relationship.
    Though I have the trust for my partner but still
    negative thoughts came into our mind. Also temptations
    are just everywhere.

But it really depends on you. If you want her then continue. If not then set each other free.

Sure, if it's the "right" thing, then why not? Then again, depends on how old you are and the circumanstances of finishing college first, but if you truly care for each other, give it a shot and see what happens. You have got nothing to lose.

Yea man...if you guys really love each other you should give it a shot...i'm actually in that situation...i remember i read this thing about long distance relationships...it said that any relationship is alot of work...whether the persons lives in the same room with you or a couple 1000miles...you guys have to want to make it work in order to make it work...do things to remind each other that you're still loving each other...call each other out of the blue...just to say i love you...for me going to school means that i'm short on cash...therefore phone calls are expensive...so when i'm in school i send my gf e-mails at work...we love it...it helps with the distance...it makes us feel connected to each other still...also if you're worried about phone calls...get a magic jack or some other VOP device...the key to make this work in my opinion is to communicate and keep the "spice/fun" in the relationship